The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anyone from Alaska still on here?

17K views 48 replies 23 participants last post by  Da Plant Man 
#1 ·
People seem to come and go.... I'm still on here. Who else?

I'm also looking at maybe starting up a plant swap depending on how much interest there is. let me know!

#19 ·
It's not bad here in Anchorage, but north of fairbanks gets 30 days of no sunlight.

Hi! I live in SE Alaska.
welcome, to the forum

It's been 3 years this summer.
Came here from LA, and before that, originally - from Russia :wink:
cool, I don't know about LA but california is pretty nice. You know you can see Russia from Alaska... lol

#31 ·
Im not in the store nearly as much as I used to be. Mostly Saturdays is my plan. Oh and my ADA tank...is doing amazing!

Im getting back into the habit of visiting the forum because I am still the ADA and plants purchaser and this is the best way for customers to get ahold of me. So let me know!

Logan
Plant Ninja

#22 ·
OMG, I finally see what I really-really wanted, available! Hair grass mat is back in stock on http://shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/Dwarf-Hair-Grass-on-a-mat-3-x-5-Mat-DHGMAT.htm

I guess I better order quick, either way. Too bad that so far nobody else was interested :icon_sad: I also really would've loved to buy locally, but haven't seen it (mat) anywhere.

P.S.: What would you guys recommend for weighing the plants down with? (those that need it)

#29 ·
$14.99 and with shipping im guessing they come out to around $20. We sell the at AK Corals for $25...and you get to look at them before you buy it. And trust me when I say that when ordering mats they often show up looking like crap. Plus I can get them all day long and even in full square foot mats!

#26 ·
I'm still here. Got a 20 gallon long thats home to emerald and galaxy rasboras, a burmese loach, bristlenose plec and a couple shrimp. Plus lots of anubias and some java fern.

#27 ·
I come back to the forum every now and then. Live in Wasilla. Doing mostly low-tech planted tanks with fish. Two 40Bs (Anubias, java fern, vals, crypts with Firemouth Cichlids and Swords in one, and lost of java fern, anubia and crypts with neons, SAE, and cories in the other) An older 55 gallon being overrun by vals -- great hiding spot for the male beta, and a couple odd tetras and a left-over red-tailed shark. It's mostly a plant tank now -- kinda let it go wild. Started a 10 gallon Red Cherry Shrimp-only tank a couple weeks ago. A few stem plants, small crypts, java fern and moss in that one. Combined all the assorted shrimp that were hiding in my 55 gallon into this 10 to try to give them a better life! And just setting up a 45 gallon tall for angels and maybe Bolivian Rams once it cycles.

Fun stuff. I'll have to come back to this Alaska subforum often. It was pretty quiet the last time I checked it last spring... ;-)

--Trochilids
Wasilla

#28 ·
My pond is indoors, it's a 160 gallon preformed, it houses 2 Red Eared Sliders, had 10 big gold fish that were feeder fish that my turtles never ate. When my pump failed I think something got spilled into the pond as well, because the water went bad really quick, bought new pump, broke down pond and cleaned everything, got it back up and running again. Turtles are happy, I added 5 feeders last week, they are doing fine, turtles seem uninterested in them, and thinking about a school of tetras or other schooling fish.

Also anyone have any overgrown clippings they want to get rid of let me know, need some foliage in the pond.

Sheb

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk 2

#35 ·
Figured I'd drop in and say hello to everyone. I'm in the process of setting up my dream tank, 150 gallon with high clarity glass that has been sitting in my garage for 3 or 4 years... I'll be doing a rather massive plant order from somewhere in the next few weeks if all goes well, but I'd like to at least try and see what I can find local. So if anyone wants to get in and save on shipping let me know. I've shipped discus up in the winter before and never had a DOA, so I'm sure it can be done with plants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.