The Planted Tank Forum banner

Best Store in Atlanta

13K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Chris Noto 
#1 ·
What is the best store for aquatic plants in or near Atlanta, GA? IMHO, the Aviarium is about the best place near me. It used to be the Petland in Duluth, but they have really gone down hill recently. I need to checkout the Petland off of 400 or Marietta.

#4 ·
I have never heard of this place. Do you happen to have the address so I can map directions to it?

#8 ·
I went to Atlantis yesterday on the way back to TN from Atlanta airport. Freshwater fish selection and quality (especially cichlids) is excellent, best I've ever seen. The variety of plants is very good, but quality (as BiscuitS noted) and prices were a bit whack on some things.

Still though, Atlantis is a thousand leagues better than any LFS in Knoxville, hands down. It does look like a hole in the wall, but that adds to its charm.

#9 ·
Atlantis is good for fish. They weren't a few years ago, but they have cleaned up their act. They are a little pricey on some fish such as cardnials, but then on other fish they aren't that bad such as harlequin rasboras.

You guys should check out Marine fish when you have a chance. Much better selection and quality of plants.

I like Optimum Aquarium as well. Plant selection lacks (other than what I give them :) ) but the fish selection is decent. The owner is freindly and he would problably get whatever you asked for.

#10 ·
Where is Atlantis located at? Cant seem to find it with google maps.

#11 ·
If you have the time, you might want to check out these three stores. All of them are realitively close to each other. A sattelite nav system comes in very handy if you have one.

Atlantis Aquarium
3125 Roswell Rd
Marietta, GA 30062

Optimum Aquarium
2960 Shallowford Rd Ste 180
Marietta, GA 30066

Marine Fish
1255 Johnson Ferry Rd NE
Marietta, GA 30068

#14 ·
I agree with everyone else on those stores.

Marine Fish has some very knowledgeable folks there. They also have a new line of ferts from Brightwell. There is a big display right up front. They are supposed to be similar to the Seachem line.

Optimum is great, and is the closest to my house, so I make it there quite often, if for nothing else than to refill my water containers (I also have a 20G reef). Biscuit, I probably have a plant or two of yours from Optimum! Funny, because when I told Greg about moving to a CO2 system, he told me he would buy plants from me when I needed to thin out.

Atlantis is old school, which is cool, but I agree, I don't want to bring in any BBA, it took a long time for me to get rid of it. I went with overdosing Flourish Excel.

#15 ·
The way to go as far as plants are concerned is to buy from members here in the Swap N Shop. You are going to be able to get plants that you will not find in stores, and the quality is going to be outstanding. Just be careful about ording when it is very cold or very hot. There are some fantastic deals out there. I recently got about 16 stems of assorted Hygros from another member for $9 shipped. Plants arrived healthy and thriving. I have so much, I don't know what to do with it all!

#20 ·
Hey guys! New here!

I've been going to Aqua Imagination near the Mall of Georgia on 3550 S Bogan Rd, Buford, GA. Very friendly staff. If they don't have what you're looking for, ask them to get it. They go get new fish every Monday... they're getting me a new clown loach today.

We probably going to have them help setup a new reef aquarium for us in a few months.

(678) 765-8811

#22 ·
I will also agree on aqua imagination, i have been going there for over a year and he keeps growing and gets different fish often. Like the others said if he doesn't have it, then he will get it!
Any one know where to get a co2 system close to the mall of ga area? Going to set up my first one in hopes of having healthier plants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.