The Planted Tank Forum banner

local swap meet?

11K views 195 replies 20 participants last post by  jreich 
#1 ·
was wonderingthe if would anyone be interested in a kind of slap together local swap meet sort of thing? nothing formal like the auctions the aquarium societies do, but maybe once a month or every other month folks get together at like a diner or starbucks (blah)or dunkin and swap or sell what ya brought? any thoughts?

#170 ·
Can any one bring me some glut? I got lots of hobs of difrent makes for smaller tanks I think most r designed for a 10.
Bill, do u still want the t5ho, I think u had dibs on my 10 also? Other dude I still got ur 5.5 waiting for u, sorry I'm bad with names lol.

#176 ·
I just threw a massive water sprite in the trash last week. Kinda regretting it now. Shoulda RAOK'd it on here or brought it to the swap. No one seem super excited about getting some last time though and it grows like wildfire in my tank anyway so I'll always have more. I can prolly get rid of another huge mound of it this weekend actually. Let me know if anyone wants it.

#185 ·
Im going to move in about two months. Will have to unload some fish.

I've got a little CA set up going right now with a really nice strain of salvinii's. THe females are gorgeous with bright yellow and very red bellies.

I have a pair forming and I'll more than likely have to off load 3 or 4 of them. I'll post this as I get closer to actual time i need to move them. Let me know if you have any interest.

#192 ·
dunno.....never been to seattle. never even had the urge to visit there....lol

btw....newest tenant in the 125. yes john, it is what you think it is. it's a baby striper. i'm letting him grow a bit in my tank since it's empty before it goes into his native pond.

#193 ·
Rearranged/rebuild my aquarium rack in my basement so I could fit 2 36 inch tanks on the first level (one 30 and my new 40 breeder). I only had 80ish inches to work with for length so it was just enough to fit the 2 side by side and then have a cinder block pillar on each side which are 4x4x16. Then the top level is a 6 foot span over top of the 2 tanks (had to take out the central pillar) I just mentioned, so I'm hoping 3 2x4's on their side will be able to hold 2 20's and a 10 gallon tank because that's what the plan is. Little worried about the 6ft span with no bracing, but I figure I'll fill up one tank at a time on the top rack and watch for any bowing. I can always add another 2 2x4's to make a total of 5 across the 6ft span which I don't think will bow at all.

....just noticed that CPO in Bill's picture! Don't you think that CPO is going to be lunch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.