The Planted Tank Forum banner

Yo-yo's eat adult sized MTS too?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Lupin 
#1 ·
I got a Yo-Yo Botia a few years back to get rid of an MTS "bloom" beforeI knew they weren't bad in the tank. The MTS were small, maybe 1/8". I 've been told Yo-yo's won't eat the adult MTS as the shells are too hard. I got (5) 1/2" MTS recently. I saw them in the morning for the first 2 days, now no sign. Do you think they're just hiding well, or the Yo-Yo got 'em?

Tommy

#5 ·
That's what I thought, but I haven't found any empty shells, either.

Tommy <9))>>{

#7 ·
Thanks, but I think we're kind of far apart for a pick up. :icon_lol:

Tommy <9))>>{

#6 ·
That's what I'm hoping, but the small ones I original got as hitch hikers are absolutely gone. Hopefully all of a sudden I'll jsut notice a bunch of 'em.

Tommy <9))>>{

#8 ·
Saw one last night. I guess it's just a matter of having only 5 snails and a lot of plants and gravel in a 58 gallon tank.

Tommy <9))>>{

#12 ·
I saw a clown the other day swimming around with what appeared to be a cigar hanging out of his mouth. Upon closer inspection it was a large mts shell. I dont see MTS much any more, infact that was the last one I have seen and it was a few months ago. Thats from a major infestation about 1-2 yrs ago, but good feeding habits and a tank full of loaches have pretty much eliminated them from what I can tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.