Is this a guys only forum?

8K views 102 replies 37 participants last post by  uncskainch 
#1 ·
I'm just checking.....

#77 ·
Momotaro said:
You mean you never read my profile? :icon_frow

Mike
Um, New Jersey -- Asia .....not really that different right? :hihi: I'm just kidding. Nah, when I first got here and was researching, I remember thinking "Momotaro, is that Japanese?" ... :icon_redf Jen

#85 ·
So what happens if you're a transvestite? Ok sorry I couldn't resist..... GUESS WHAT GENDER I AM!

#86 ·
Most of the time people think I'm a guy when they just see my nick and writings. I'm interested in DIY stuff and other weird things and at least men assume that it's the men's part of the hobby :D

I do have cute bettas and pink apple snails, I think that's a girly thing. I have a feeling that here in Finland there's more women interested in planted tanks than men. But the gender really is irrelevant, unless you are searching for your aquatic prince or princess :)

#87 ·
GulfCoastAquarian said:
There sure is - my wife goes there occasionally for advice. She's got hair down to her lower back.
Dang, I wish I'd known of that before I had it all chopped off. It was down about my mid-back and stayed there for at least ten years. Never would get any longer.

#88 ·
Man I'm sorry I missed this thread. There are certain writing techniques that you see as a trend btwn the genders, I read an article about it on MSNBC. I think it was that women tended to write as if they were having a conversation with the reader and men tended to write in a more broad way like if they were giving a presentation. . . cant' find the msn article though.

I don't name my fish, but they do get nicknames based off their fish species name.

#91 ·
RoseHawke said:
Dang, I wish I'd known of that before I had it all chopped off. It was down about my mid-back and stayed there for at least ten years. Never would get any longer.
That means you had probably reached your terminal length or was cutting it more than it was growing, so it looked like it wasn't. I am growing mine long...at least to mid back/boobie (can I say that) length. I am greying some now so I have to treat it differently. That website really helped me learn how to take care of my baby-fine hair. Very encouraging if you ever want to grow it out again.. :thumbsup:

#92 ·
frmrreefr said:
So what happens if you're a transvestite? Ok sorry I couldn't resist..... GUESS WHAT GENDER I AM!
Uhm, if I had to guess I'd say your a guy!!! Oh, and I'm with Buck on his reply....I know I'm horrible....but I was raised in the south...what can I say. I'm a southern belle....

#94 ·
wetgreenthumb said:
That means you had probably reached your terminal length or was cutting it more than it was growing, so it looked like it wasn't. I am growing mine long...at least to mid back/boobie (can I say that) length. I am greying some now so I have to treat it differently. That website really helped me learn how to take care of my baby-fine hair. Very encouraging if you ever want to grow it out again.. :thumbsup:
Terminal length probably as it took almost ten years to get it that long! Definitely wasn't getting cut more than it was growing as I think I only had it trimmed 2-3 times in all that space of time. Just finally came to the conclusion that I was NOT going to have hair like Crystal Gayle and got it chopped. Think a lot of it was I just don't have the patience to take much time with my hair so that a lot of it was getting broken off. It is shorter than I want though (we're talking nape of neck here) and I think I would like it at about shoulder length. Of course with me that means a couple of years at least. Maybe in time for my half-century b-day :icon_roll .

BTW, my hair, too, is very fine. I tried to get my sister to french braid it one time many years ago and she finally gave up with the exclamation that "This is like trying to braid spider silk!" Just to give you an idea ;).

#95 ·
Damn Rex...you are still young....

I was thinking you were retired and 68 too....

Dont kill me now........the only reason I thought that is cuz you seem grumpy at time :hihi:

FISA takes of running now...
:icon_redf

#96 ·
too far off topic

RoseHawke said:
Terminal length probably as it took almost ten years to get it that long! Definitely wasn't getting cut more than it was growing as I think I only had it trimmed 2-3 times in all that space of time.
(yawn) Sorry, but this is why I prefer gender-less forums. Discussing the lenght of your hair and it's weight and styling is too, too boring. This happened at the last dinner party I went to, the women divided off and started talking about hairstyles. Somehow I got stuck in a chair in that group and the other table was all taken. Tragically dull, IMO.

#97 ·
anonapersona said:
(yawn) Sorry, but this is why I prefer gender-less forums. Discussing the lenght of your hair and it's weight and styling is too, too boring. This happened at the last dinner party I went to, the women divided off and started talking about hairstyles. Somehow I got stuck in a chair in that group and the other table was all taken. Tragically dull, IMO.
Yep, good thing this is the lounge where we can talk about whatever we want. I know what you mean though, my eyes glaze over when guys go on and on about certain sport stats like hockey and golf (not football though). You actually prove my point that generally men and women discuss things differently. I do not know many women in real life that like planted tanks, sports cars, football, beer etc. But I know a lot that talk about hair, baking etc. I'm lucky enough to be able to have a good conversation no matter which table I get stuck at....football or hair....I'm on it!

#99 ·
wetgreenthumb said:
Yep, good thing this is the lounge where we can talk about whatever we want. I know what you mean though, my eyes glaze over when guys go on and on about certain sport stats like hockey and golf (not football though). You actually prove my point that generally men and women discuss things differently. I do not know many women in real life that like planted tanks, sports cars, football, beer etc. But I know a lot that talk about hair, baking etc. I'm lucky enough to be able to have a good conversation no matter which table I get stuck at....football or hair....I'm on it!
Generally it depends on the company you keep. For instance NONE of my female friends are the type to talk about hair beyond complimenting on a change in hairstyle, and we're just as likely to be talking about computer games or in the case of my sister and myself what's the latest tool we got and what our current project is or our gardening as gardening is a big thing with us. The last time I was at a party at their house I cruised through a conversation (about 1/2 and 1/2 female/male) that was gun oriented (we're all keeping our communities safe for democracy) as they have a right collection.

#101 ·
Gee,

What's it take?! Someone just posted an answer to a thread I put up who assumed I was a guy. I'd thought I was obvious. My CO2 generator is a "CO2 Thingey", I insist on pale maple trim for my tank, I have five tiny doggies, my name is FIGGY, and get that avatar....

Did anyone hear about that prof who's in so much trouble at Harvard [I think] for saying women weren't entering the sciences?--he said he tried to raise his daughter in a "gender-neutral" way. She had two toy trucks. He gave up when he noticed her naming the big one "The Mommy Truck" and the little one "The Baby Truck"!

I am, however, a chemist.....

Figgygirl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.