The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fellow females?

5K views 66 replies 29 participants last post by  Rushdoggie 
#1 ·
Hey!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, buttttttt.....

I've heard of all the guys in the hobby, and I was wondering how many other gals are out there, just as interested in the hobby than the guys!!!

Tell me about yourself, what got you into the hobby, etc..

I want to know!!!!! :D

#65 ·
Hahah! I don't think you ever fully get away from multi-tank syndrome.

I recently acquired another one that I'm trying to create a place for. Such fun.

Feeling slightly overwhelmed though - have 2 week old angel fry and happened to notice the other pair picking at a leaf yesterday. Then I realized the parents of this batch have violated my filter intake - again.

#66 ·
Speaking of multi tank syndrome.... Petco had their dollar per gallon sale, so I decided on some little ten gallons (I live in a dorm, max tank size allowed) to play with. I actually de-rimmed one yesterday, and I plan on bringing it home this weekend to water test! The tank looks very pretty, and I won't have a heavy hardscape in it, either, so I'm not too worried about leakage and stuff.

One of my Amano shrimpies in my old tank at home randomly died today.... My mom found him just laying on the ground, red like a lobster. So strange. I need to check my parameters when I get home tomorrow! I don't want my other babies dying on me!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.