The Planted Tank Forum banner

Any members from Annapolis area??

6K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  Nothinghead 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if there were any plant geeks in the area?? I'm in Churchton just 20 minutes south of Annapolis on the Chesapeake Bay.

#5 ·
Wow, I'm glad you guys chimed in but that's apretty poor show from Maryland, I guess this reflects the poor selection of retailers here now, even some of the best stores are gone with petsmartco sucking up any scraps.

****** I'm surprised those Piranha left your Mom any plants at all, but I enjoyed looking.

Martin, were are your pics???

I guess I'll have to man up now and put a link to my cr@ppy journal in my signature.

#8 ·
No way, I live down Broadwater Rd. just north of the circle, where are you in Churchton? I'm not sure where Blacksburg is, could that be VT and do you know your major yet? My daughter went to AACC for two years and has a little time left at Maryland Univesity before she will graduate, I myself went to the school of hard knocks.

#9 ·
I'm in Edgewater. Being a planted geek in this area isn't too bad. 30 minutes from House of Tropicals, although most of my plant purchases are online these days.

#13 ·
We just had a GWAPA member start part time at House of Tropicals and she trying to get them to see the light, literally. She is trying to get better light over the plant tanks and some substrate so they can carry something other than stems. But like many store owners they are some what old school about their ideas on planted tanks, but she has a strong personality and I think she will get them to hear what she is trying to tell them, plus they are already making changes for the good and if they are smart they will just hand over the plant section to her because she's good with planted tanks.

We are always looking for new members and it's a lot of fun!! Just click below!!

#14 ·
Is that the lady that I bought some RCS from last time I went? She seemed much more knowledgeable than the average HOT employee. She mentioned that she kept shrimp tanks.

#15 ·
Prince George here. I get alot of my plants from Congressional Aquarium in Rockville. That and Pristine Aquariums in Alexandria. Pristine is mostly just a fish place and it doesn't look like the plants they do get in live too long but every once in awhile they will have some of the rarities so it's worth checking out.

#17 ·
Checking in from Odenton
That's good info, I've never been to either store. Both of you should consider joining GWAPA we have a lot of hard to find plants at great prices at our monthly auction, I hate to be a pest but it's a lot of fun so check out the website and introduce yourself it's free and annual membership is only $20.

#24 ·
I haven't seen any cherries the last couple times I was there. I will update the next time I go.

I got a few absolute beauties from Congressional Aquarium in Rockville a few months ago. They are very red and really should have been priced more than the $3 or so that they cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.