The Build - ADA 60P Style - Custom 35" High Stand

91K views 774 replies 90 participants last post by  Uptown193 
#1 · (Edited)
Coming Soon :bounce: :drool:

Title: Subterranean Passage of NYC
Year: Late 2011
Tank Size: ADA 60P (24"x12"x14")
Volume: 17 Gallons (Approx.)
Lighting: Catalina Solar T5 2x24w (Geissman Midday (1) and Geissman Aquaflora (1)
Filtration: Fluval G3
Filter Media: Seachem Purigen 200ml Bag (Chemical)
Substrate: ADA Aqua Soil New Amazonia and ADA Power Sand Special
Substrate Additives: ADA Bacter 100/Clear Super/Penac P + W
CO2: GLA Pressurized CO2 System (14 hours/Day) 2 bubbles per second
Decorative Materials: ADA Sarawak Sand
Water Parameters: N/A
Water Maintenance: 30% water change bi-weekly
Plant Fertilization: Pfertz High-Tech Solution includes one bottle each of [m], [n], [p] and [k]
Additional Information: N/A

Plants: Ludwigia sp. 'RED' Hybrid, Erio cinereum, Crinum Calamistratum, Belem Grass, Sunset Hydrophila

Fish: 5 Japonica Shrimp (Amano), 4 red shrimps, 1 Bamboo Shrimp, 5 Neon Tetras, 3 Mickey Mouse Platy (2 are babies), 2 Pristella Tetra, 10 Rasboras and a lone Leopard Snail.

This is a helpful and useful website I like. I do not use this method but I think the site has good info.

http://sites.google.com/site/aquaticplantfertilizer/home

See less See more
#6 ·
I did the 2" frame boarder with 2 coats of leftover flat black spray paint and 3 coats of acrylic clear coat spray. It is hard to notice in darker pictures but it is noticeable in person and it makes the stand look more uniform. I am happy. I can always tint the middle if necessary. What do you guys think? Feel free to comment.

#11 ·
Oh yea thanks man. Yea I figured I buy what I want this time around and really enjoy it. On my 10 gallon I just bought the basics. I will post more pics tonight of other things I just received in mail. More toys. :drool:

#13 ·
Thank you. I think it looks more uniform and professional now. I heard good things about the filter so I hope its good. At least I know it looks good visually. :icon_cool

#18 ·
Yea I just need to find time to do all the setting up. Hopefully this weekend.

#20 ·
DOes anyone know the name of this plant and where I can find it? I seen it with red and green. I want this plant NOW. Please let me know. Thank u.

#23 ·
Yea the one in the front. But I seen a plant like that with red in it as well. I think its from Japan or Korea, I don't know.

#24 ·
Thanks. I guess I can Google that name of plant and see what comes up. I should have saved the website I saw it a few months ago. I know they are expensive.

#26 ·
Yes those look read nice. Where did you get them?

I cant find the spiky looking plant now. I had a website to it once and I cant find it. I think its from Japan

#27 ·
So I went to a reptile show here in New York and Glasscages was there and they had a slew of driftwood laying around so I took some pics. Blue tag was $50, Yellow was $30 and Green was $20.

I could not leave without buying some for myself. I went over board and bought 2 green's. I say overboard because I was not going strictly for that look. I wanted to change it up so I might not use both pieces. We shall see.

#30 ·
Thanks. There were so many pieces I could not choose. I just took these or I would have been there for another hours looking. They all start looking the same after awhile, lol....

#29 ·
I went to Home Depot and bought some black vinyl for the back of the tank. Here are some pics. Lets not forget about 9-11 tribute picture.

#33 ·
Where is the best place to buy plants online? and what is the prettiest foreground plant available?

I like this one, the Eriocaulon Sp from Australia:

#39 ·
Thanks I will check them out. I just would like something different I guess.

I don't know if its a good idea to plant my tank after I have already filled it with water. I wanted to to it before but I do not think that is going to happen since I have no new plants now unless I take some from my 10 gallon tank, which is something I might do.

#38 ·
I received my remote control RGB LED light bulb yesterday from Elemental LED and I think it works great. Here is a pic and a YouTube video I took of how it works on the Smooth setting. They have a few different settings as you can see on the remote. Not bad for $50 bucks. It as 16 different colors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgEUS13HEHY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.