The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fun find at the Fish Store = Fun side project!

697 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jreich 
#1 ·
Yesterday while browsing through the local fish stores tanks, I spotted two red rili shrimp in with the cherries and CRS.... so I couldn't resist getting them! They are now happily residing in a 5.5 that was recently vacated.

Problem is they are both saddled females.... What am I to do with these two lonely ladies?

I've toyed with the idea of adding in a snowball male or two, and see what the resulting babies would look like, what do you think? :)

Anyone have any experience with Rili crossbreeding?

#4 ·
If I understand correctly they are just the result of red cherry shrimp with odd patterns of coloration that were selectively bred to have those odd coloration patterns form the 'rili' pattern.

Care and all other info should be the same as the red cherry shrimp with the obvious disclaimer that if you mix them with a regular red cherry shrimp that you will 'undo' the selective breeding.

Undo isn't really a proper term for it but I can't think of a concise (yet still accurate) way of explaining it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.