The Planted Tank Forum banner

New fish room/breeder!!! NEW VIDEO 11-11-13!!!!!

113K views 574 replies 143 participants last post by  Clear Water 
#1 · (Edited)
In the process of building my own fish room something i always wanted to do. I am setting up 20- 75gallon, 30- 29gallon, and 20- 10 gallon. I am going to breed angels, discus, rams, and guppies mainly. I plan on doing some oscars but i have heard they take a little time. The water by me is from a well and has ph of 6.5 so its perfect for South American ciclids. Im getting building spray foamed next weekend and then i will start racks and order tanks.

LIGHTING... All tanks will get cfl bulbs..some 1, some 2.
HEATING.... All tanks will get a heater determined by size of tank.
WATER CHANGES.... I am going to put 1" bulk heads in all tanks and run a water inlet f9r each tank. That way all i have to is turn water on and let it go out. I am going to use a 50 gallon water heater and put a valve on the hot and cold outlet of tank. Then i am going t9 put a temp probe and adjust valves till water mixture is 78 degrees. From thereit will go to water lines throughout the room.
FILTRATION.... setting up central air using linear pump and using sponge filters.

Heres a couple pics of my work so far... any suggestions or concerns will be helpful.

See less See more
#570 ·
An update. Sweet! Glad to hear things are going well for you. 1k in 2 weeks isn't bad at all. Once word of mouth gets around and you have more time to toy with packaging, that 1k every 2 weeks will turn into 1k per week or more. At least your dad is helping. That is a task at hand to do all that solo. You might even have to hire help once online sales kick in, lol. I am so happy for you though bgallodoro. You put alot of time an effort into this. You have inspired alot of people to do fish rooms. To tell you the truth, your project is what inspired me to do a multi tank setup. I kid you not. I wasn't even thinking about a multi tank setup until I saw this thread. I finally got started on that setup from when I first posted here. You can see the progress from the link in my sig. It is no where near the size of yours but it is indeed a multi setup in the works. So thanks for your inspiration.

#575 ·
Thanks for sharing your story.

I'm in business and I can tell you your not doing this just to make money. This also has to be your love because if you figure your time and sweat in to the picture you would never do it. As far as most business go, with an investment you would like to pay back to be a minimum 5 years. So your profit would have to be somewhere around 5000.00 per year. That's just to get back your investment. That doesn't include any labor. I to breed fish and it paid for my hobby on a much smaller scale. But like I said you got to love it to do it or becomes a real job and the fastest way to kill your hobby is to make it work.

But what you have done is just awesome. Keep up the good work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.