Archaea light
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Hawaii


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Ohmy330
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 13
Default

Archaea light


Hello everyone!
Anyone know where, aside from Aqua forest aquariums, I can buy Archaeas 60cm slim-pro light for my ADA 60p? And if its any good (i'm new to the aquascape world).
Thanks
Ohmy330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Yamaz
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 220
Default

Aquascapes in Aiea or Coral Fish has them....
Yamaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
aesthetics808
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: hawaii
Posts: 60
Default

i would look at the review on the light first. the finnex ray 2 seems to be the better buy as far as output goes.
aesthetics808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
Ohmy330
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 13
Default

Thanks for the input! Any other tips would be greatly appreciated (starting to put my 60p together).
Ohmy330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
tetra10
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: now i know your a stalker ;)
Posts: 395
Default

i have a 60-p and i have two of the archea lights. the output is actually decent but i got two just in case. i wish i would have gotten a hanging fixture though because i always have my hands in my tank. the light is durable, sleek and energy efficient. the only plant i have in my tank is dwarf hair grass and it grows it find. once in a while it will give my tank a shimmer effect which is a nice bonus.
tetra10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless
 
BeastMaster's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 558
Default Archaea light

Welcome 330! I have had a 60P running for 8 months now and have had a couple of lighting set ups during the tank's operation. Initially had a pair of Ehiem PowerLEDs over the tank and because of limited growth of my HC, changed to a 24" Finnex Ray 2. The lighting change has been extraordinary!
You might want to look at the sticky dealing with PAR and LED lighting before you make a purchase.

Just a couple of questions on your tank's scape. What will you be planting? What types of fish or inverts will you be keeping in the tank. Knowing what types of plants and knowing their lighting requirements should be your starting point. Then looking at the the aquatic animals and if they are compatible with your scape. Good luck.

__________________
Eheim Pimp #540 Finnex Member #11 ADA Gentleman #6 60F Club 12G Club 60P Club BeastMaster Project Tanks
BeastMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
Ohmy330
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 13
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMaster View Post
Welcome 330! I have had a 60P running for 8 months now and have had a couple of lighting set ups during the tank's operation. Initially had a pair of Ehiem PowerLEDs over the tank and because of limited growth of my HC, changed to a 24" Finnex Ray 2. The lighting change has been extraordinary!
You might want to look at the sticky dealing with PAR and LED lighting before you make a purchase.

Just a couple of questions on your tank's scape. What will you be planting? What types of fish or inverts will you be keeping in the tank. Knowing what types of plants and knowing their lighting requirements should be your starting point. Then looking at the the aquatic animals and if they are compatible with your scape. Good luck.
Thanks so much! The tank is currently empty and I'm waiting for all the components to come in before I start obsessing with other things.
Plant wise, I was hoping for hc or dwarf hair grass and some type of moss for the inverts. Basically I want a clean and simple look that softens the Seriyu stones. As for fish, more than likely a school of some sort of tetras, long fin white clouds. Anything that won't eat the inverts.

I was looking at the DIY suspended light, but again I have no clue where to begin. . I do like the look of the second picture you posted. Very nice!
Ohmy330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #8
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless
 
BeastMaster's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 558
Default Archaea light

If you go the HC route my recommendation would be the Finnex Ray 2 over the Ehiem PowerLEDs. Can't speak towards the DHG. Also consider CO2 for your setup.
__________________
Eheim Pimp #540 Finnex Member #11 ADA Gentleman #6 60F Club 12G Club 60P Club BeastMaster Project Tanks
BeastMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #9
daboss808
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 585
Default

Just like we talk the night u guys came over plants heavy ur light has high intensity. So more reason for algae to grow. Moss will begin to grow hairalgae if not properly planted. Algae only grows if there is too much nutrients not use up by the plants. Plant only take so much nutrients. Whatever doesnt get used up by get used up by algae. Anymore questions don't hesitate to call
daboss808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
Ohmy330
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetics808 View Post
i would look at the review on the light first. the finnex ray 2 seems to be the better buy as far as output goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboss808 View Post
Just like we talk the night u guys came over plants heavy ur light has high intensity. So more reason for algae to grow. Moss will begin to grow hairalgae if not properly planted. Algae only grows if there is too much nutrients not use up by the plants. Plant only take so much nutrients. Whatever doesnt get used up by get used up by algae. Anymore questions don't hesitate to call
Thank you I'm still undecided on the light. I have a small 5gal going for my CRS and bought a finnex ray just to test it out. Hopefully I can get the tank up by the middle of next month
Ohmy330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
Gmonsta13
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmy330 View Post
Thank you I'm still undecided on the light. I have a small 5gal going for my CRS and bought a finnex ray just to test it out. Hopefully I can get the tank up by the middle of next month
how bout the middle of next weekfish party
Gmonsta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012