The Planted Tank Forum banner

Member Ranking??

6K views 74 replies 25 participants last post by  Seadon 
#1 ·
I am wonder how do you rank up in the member ranks?:confused1:

#4 ·
It's one of those small things that never pays to watch too closely. It does not indicate any level of knowledge that I can see. More an indication of how much time is wasted! As a person who has lived his entire life with a very awkward name, I learned early that what you are called has little importance!

#5 ·
The little title-thing matters less than the username/icon combo when I'm looking at info to know who I'm talking to, honestly. I'll occasionally glance at post count if the person seems to be very knowledgeable, but number of posts really don't matter. Like PlantedRich says, it's more an indicator of time wasted than actual contribution.

#7 ·
Time spent here is never wasted. It's valuable learning time.

#11 ·
resurrecting the thread. has anyone noted what the magic number is for each rank?

I feel like I have been an algae grower forever. Thought 100 was the magic number for the next rank/title but is it 200? It would be fun to see what the different ranks were and how many posts it took to achieve each rank.

total waste of time, I know, but just curious. :bounce:

#15 ·
Send me lots of money and I'll tell you how.

#18 ·
WHEEEEE!!!! no longer an algae grower. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

At 150, you become a planted tank member. Not sure when the next upgrade in rank comes along but when it happens, I'll post here again so future newcomers to the forum can know (that is, if they are curious)

#19 ·
title means less in this forum, and there is no hierarchy system(as on other forums), only the roles of mod and common members.
really like this and thanks to KyleT, his intention to keep everyone has a fair chance to speak, new members and old timers alike.

#23 ·
Apparently I'm the first guy in a few years to wonder about ranking enough to find this thread, I was really hoping to graduate from algae grower at 100 but I guess I'll have to wait til 150, anyone figure out the next rank after Planted Member? It must be at least 300 judging by ABC's rank of planted member at 293.

#28 ·
I feel like most people that have a really high post count/rank or title or what have you, that seem as though they know their [censored][censored][censored][censored], for lack of a better phrase, were just as knowledgeable, or close to it, before they came here...so it's more or less meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.