The Planted Tank Forum banner

DIY jellow co2 not working

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  i love planted tanks 
#1 ·
I used the method and recipe from this link:
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...ium-projects/28466-longest-co2-formula-2.html

It's been over 8 hours and I'm not getting any Co2. The only thing I may have done wrong is, after the jello chilled, I put I mixed the yeast in warm water, mixed it, poured it into the bottle, and then swished it around a bit.

I checked the bottle today and its not "firm" from gases produced in it. I opened up the bottle and I do smell what seems to be alcohol being produced, and even some small bubbles coming from the bottom of the bottle.

What did I do wrong?

#6 ·
damn. i might have used sugar free jello. i cant remember. am i supposed to use 2 of the big packets of jello, or the small ones?

i just added more yeast to the top. i can hear bubbling. if i used sugar free jello, then this wouldnt happen, right? or is it still reacting to the 2 cups of sugar? its not a lot of bubbles, but there are bubbles.

i just did the soap test to all the connectors up to the bubble counter. i dont see any bubbles being blown.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.