The Planted Tank Forum banner

HANdS: MRU (Moss Recovery Unit)

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  l8nite 
#1 · (Edited)

Some moss and driftwood in water. Most of it recovering from a harsh bleach dip.

Taxiphyllum Barbieri ("Java moss")
Taxiphyllum sp. "Peacock moss"
Vesicularia Montagnei ("Mini xmas")
Fissidens Fontanus

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Mini update:

The peacock moss, java moss, and willow moss are all doing fine. The mini-fissidens took a HUGE hit from the bleach dip and is like 95% brown. I see some new green growth though, so I think it will bounce back.

I need to find a properly-sized light for this tank. The 10" fugeray I have on it right now isn't cutting it.

#8 ·
This tank had a few upgrades in the past two weeks - added a small 7.5w heater to take the chill off the water, installed a Beamswork 18" LED fixture (~30 PAR at the surface).

Here is the tank (top one) - the bottom two tanks are some experimental emersed stuff:

The fissidens is still barely recovered, but I have a nice healthy 2x2 bunch from nyxkitten thanks to his recent RAOK:

Some other mosses (java, peacock, and ?)

Top shot showing the new light fixture:

#18 ·
So after a few months, most of the mosses haven't faired too well. I think mostly due to neglect on my part, rather than anything to do with the lighting. I transferred what was salvageable out into my 10G tank (along with the Betta). I'm probably going to put this tank up for sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.