The Planted Tank Forum banner

post your local tank(s)

60K views 752 replies 52 participants last post by  longgonedaddy 
#1 ·
ok, i know a lot of people are like me, too lazy for a journal...lol so i figured i would start a post where you can post a pic of your tank(s) without having to add specs and such. let's just call this a PA photo gallery. here are mine :

my 55. took this a few days ago, and it is different already..lol

my 20L grow tank. (almost empty after today)

my emersed bin

8gal Ebi... blue pearls and malawa shrimp

my 125
FTS

left side

right side

silly mts thinks it's a plumb bob....lol

that's all for now. enjoy folks, and post your tanks!!:bounce:

See less See more
#48 ·
Wow...only 3-4 months? Let me guess, lighting you used is a nuclear fusion reactor and you have co2 running at about 60psi and about 40bps??? Lol
The thing that truly impresses me is the vision you had to have to envision these tanks before you even set them up. Just to know what it is going to look like in the beginning is impressive.

#50 ·
HAHA! Actually I am very conservative with my approach. I generally use lower light and i never use a reactor, only diffusers. Also, i very rarely dose the water column. Balanced light, co2 and AQUASOIL provides amazing results;)

Vision is so important and so difficult to work on. It is something i explain a lot when i give talks. It is especially challenging in our hobby where it is SO easy to just get your hands in there and change stuff. ;)

Excellent tanks Jason! It's strange to think that such awesome tanks are sitting in someones home only 30 minutes from me!
:) And i like to think they look just as great in person:)

jB

#54 ·
Bill,

It's set up already.. Just don't know what to use for substrate yet. I moved the 2 tanks that was next to the sink and put this tank there. Luckily, I have one of those all-glass plastic top and it fit right on top.

I tested for leak on Friday...No problem. So I set the tank on Sunday and filled it up.. water leaking onthe bottom.. WTF.. slowly filled it with warm-->warmer-->slightly hot water.. as of this morning.. no leak. Though I did not fully have this set up over the weekend but at least I now have two 20gal under the 55 ready for some CRS setup.

PM me where you wee the other one.. LOL

Van

#63 ·
I actually love the idea of the grab bag! Don't tell anyone what they are getting, and let them just how it does in their tank. How's the sunset hygro doing? I love the Tiger Hygro from thinktank, them two hygros makes a good combo.

Right now, I think the tank looks like chaos, I need to fix it up again. That's why I love planted tanks though, there is so much to do compared to setting up a regular tank.

#64 ·
Yeah, I was enjoying the grab bag until I found the riccia....curses jason!!! Lol trim that stellatus and replant the too. The base should sprout a new stem somewhere. The sunset grew like 2 inches already. It really lovers light and co2.....lol and your right....so many possibilities. I have already torn the 55 down and replanted it. Lol just when I get it where I think I like it, I change it. I can't help myself. I need a aquascaping support group!!! Lol

#66 ·
Ricca may be the only thing in this world that annoys me more than my kids...the upside, the kids will eventually move out......lol I thought I had it all out of my ebi, until 2 months later what do I see? A bright green bush of riccia growing out from behind my driftwood!!! Well slap my butt and call me sally! That is one in hard plant to get rid of!!!

#67 ·
I never have trouble getting rid of riccia. I just stuff them inside driftwood pass it to the next person.. j/k

On the bright side, riccia is helping me get rid of my BBA. Haven't had time to adjust my lighting schedule so having about 75% of my tank covered in riccia, my BBA problem is slowly going away.

#78 ·
nice!! i likes the shrimpy tanks!!! can you tell? i mean, i do have 4 shrimp tanks....lol

just got finished scaping the blue pearl/malawa tank, gonna take pics after a home depot run. tank needs to clear anyway. love shrimp stratum for keeping my levels in check, but hate disturbing it!!:icon_mad:

#81 ·
Yeah - I heard the same. I read about the other options and Aquasoil seemed to be the best long-term buffer (hope to get a year out of it). AND...of the buffering substrates, its best for growing plants. At least thats my take on it from what I read.

I'd like to dry start a tank with Aquasoil and DHG....but i'm wondering if I wait a month for it to grow in and then flood it... will it still leech ammonia for another month??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.