The Planted Tank Forum banner

Jesse's Mini-L Anubias Adventure

43K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Mike00726 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey planted tank people,

I've been planning this tank for a while now and have finally gotten all the pieces to put it together(almost). Ever since i laid eyes on my first ADA aquarium. I've always wanted one so I purchased a Mini L online. The tank is only 8.5 gallons but is a perfect nano sized tank.

I really wanted to go low tech so I would'nt have to pay much attention to it and yet it would still look appealing. This was a job for my favourite plant the Anubias.

Plants:

• Anubias barteri 'Petite'
  • Anubias barteri 'Nana'
  • Anubias barteri var. 'round leaf'
  • Christmas moss
  • Needle Leaf Java Fern

For my critters I am only going to be keeping shrimp.
I have 50 fire reddish shrimps waiting for the tank to mature a little.

Equipment:

• Eheim 2213
  • Aquatic Magic Lily Pipes
  • Archaea 27W Power Compact Light Fixture
  • Pfertz

1. New tank arrives

2. Hardscape in!

3. Tease shot

4. Day 1

5. Almost 3 months of growth

6. 5 months?

I still need to buy my substrate which is going to be natural looking sand as i opted out of using my aqua soil since its not needed and the cycle time is a tad long.

See less See more
#6 ·
So here are some pictures of the tank at almost 3 months in.

When i first started the tank i had a ton of anubias but 95% of them died off to that weird anubias rotting disease which really pissed me off. I have just added a bunch last week while also adding christmas moss ss tiles. The java fern is growing well and spreading and the moss is also grown in a lot. The moss on the left side floated up so it was recently re-tied down.

In the tank I now have tons of fire red shrimp, around 8 CBS 's' and 1 spotted rasbora to keep the scuds away.

#20 ·
Thanks man!

Something magical about the use of simple plants. Anubias, java fern and java moss really make a nice scape in any tank. Good job. :proud:
^All my favourite plants, thanks!
Amazing, I love how simple but detailed it looks! I'm trying to go for that sort of substrateless-plants/center driftwood look as well; I could only hope to create something half as awesome as yours. What substrate are you using? Is it just sand (what kind)? I love that color/blend.
Company called GeoSystems, Natural White Sand. Thanks!

#19 ·
Amazing, I love how simple but detailed it looks! I'm trying to go for that sort of substrateless-plants/center driftwood look as well; I could only hope to create something half as awesome as yours. What substrate are you using? Is it just sand (what kind)? I love that color/blend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.