The Planted Tank Forum banner

Riccia on a screen

758 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  knuggs 
#1 ·
I ordered and received some Riccia, which came from Thailand, sewn to a 2" X 2" screen. It was folded up in a piece of wet newspaper and stuck in an envelope.

Once it got here it sat in the post office an extra two days, thanks to my roommate getting the mail and throwing it in his car, instead of bringing it inside.

So it's been in the dark for however long it takes to get here (Florida) from Thailand, + 2 days.

It's still alive, and I just had time to rinse it and toss it in the tank before going to work this morning (after picking it up at the post office). Should I leave it on the screen, though, or let it float free? The last Riccia I had died because the surface current kept taking it behind the hanging filters outlet, where it got no light. Maybe I should leave it on the screen, but try to raise it up closer to the light somehow?

I don't want this Riccia to die like the last one did, and I'm already not off to a great start!

Anyone have any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.