The Planted Tank Forum banner

sodastream

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  aquarist 
#1 ·
Recently set up a soda stream bottle system, bought the regulator adapter, but when I try to attach it, it blows out co2 and i lose it, how am I supposed to do this?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So I haven't had the soda stream system but I know when I started my paintball system I blew out two bottles of co2 before I realized my oring was missing. I can't tell from your pictures, but does it have an oring? Or does the soda stream just not have one at all?

#6 ·
This is the first time I have heard if someone trying to use the soda stream bottles for this aquarium. If you try it again it is best to either go with a paintball setup, it a full sized regulator. I would suggest going with a full size setup, it will cost more in the beginning but you will save money in the long run. Where I live a 20oz paintball tank costs about $4.50 to fill up as to where a 20 pound tank exchanged is only $20, so to get the same amount of co2 in paintball canisters you will have to spend $72. Dry fertilizers and co2 injections are the best things you can add to your aquarium set up. If you want to try again there a ton of details on here about the different regulators.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.