The Planted Tank Forum banner

co2 system quick assemble pictures

19K views 99 replies 26 participants last post by  AlanLe 
#1 ·
Been busy currently, no time to build systems, but made one last night, spend three hours(spent more time on sourcing parts).

the pictures only show the parts, will be more details on how to build.

Another Parker IR6000 in progress:
new in the original bags.

Parker Hannifin SS CGA320, not the western Enterprise or Superior product SS CGA set.

Digital handle extremely high precision metering valve, Brooks instrument, and it is an angle pattern.

sweet swagelok, especially the stainless steel gauges.

pictures of a quick put-together, will take at least three hours to connect every piece and many more hours to test:

See less See more
#2 ·
Parker IR6000, Burkert 2822 solenoid, Brooks instrument series 1 metering.

Enlarge the picture look much better.

Finally, done. Picture were taken this afternoon.
Now this system is mounted on CO2 tank under testing, more testing hours ahead before it is ready to join the service.

#6 ·
Actually two and half hours, have to be extremely careful to avoid scratch(even a single scratch would ruin it), all parts are new out of the original box/bags.
And normally it takes less than half an hour if no custom modification required or avoiding scratch is not the main concern.

The check valve is brass, but it is parker hannifin, an $40-$50 stainless steel spring and poppet valve door just like the full stainless steel body counterpart.

#10 ·
Really? I would think the weak point would be the welds in the tubing. I'm pretty sure the actual VCR connection is strong enough. I wonder what the weight limit is on the welds in the tubes. And thank you for your offers and advice. There aren't many folks around here as wound up with these things as we are :).

#98 ·
The work from last night, swagelok regulator

Didn't mean to bring this old thread back up, but I see that you took off the tube nuts and just stuck the metering valve into the manifold. Can I get the part numbers, and sizes for that? I want that adapter under the bubble counter. And that is the Clippard manifold right? I don't like tube fittings. They extend my final build way, too much.

#28 ·
The only red thing I see looks like some tape (?) on the regulator body. There does not appear to be any red Loctite at any of the joints.

In general, teflon tape is good enough for our purposes.

What solenoid is that round silver one? Is it NPT sized threads like the burkert?
Looks like a Clippard mouse solenoid to me. It has #10/32 ports, but you can tap 1/8" NPT holes.

#30 ·
That a numatic solenoid, I wanted one so bad. I think it's 10/32 like the Clippard. Bettail changes the manifold to 1/8 NPT, I'm sure it works fine. BUT, there is another solenoid that already has 1/8 NPT and is the same size.

Bettail, what happen to that japanese regulator you were making?

#33 · (Edited by Moderator)
304 grade stainless steel is low price, you can find it on evil bay for $2-$5, but 316/L grade is far more expensive, you can order it from swagelok or deals appear on evil bay, grab it fast.

Bettail, what happen to that japanese regulator you were making?
on hold, too many things going on in life...
and it is summer again, more work, but decide to stay not like last year that I took a 6 months break from TPT.

#34 ·
Hey Bettatail, I just found a place and will move out by end of this month. I'm going to start a 150 gallons tank. Do you have any free time in mid July? I can bring all of the parts that I have been hogging on fleabay :) to your house.

#37 ·
Quote" loctite, very good but a 10ml bottle is about $20, hard to find too."

I had not read this in some time but just found this item. Are you looking for the specific Loctite brand? If not, I find red threadlocker is very common in auto supply shops. Not expensive and the brand is Permatex but it seems the same.

#39 ·
In a quick search, I can't find any mention of purple type but I can't imagine any of our uses needing more than either the common blue or red. They are used in car engines and such where things are under major stress so they should find anything on a reg to be an easy deal. I've never found a use for anything more than those two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.