The Planted Tank Forum banner

TOMs Aquarium Aqua Lifter Pump

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DSP 
#1 ·
This product purchase came by a recommendation by a forum member.

Meet the Aqua Lifter Pump

Its been an excellent accessory for water changes for my ADA Mini-S. The new water is gradually added back into the tank and far kinder to inverts. We do our best to match the gh/kh in new water but nothing is perfect.

I generally do a water siphon then prepare this pump to run along side a bucket of new water then run hoses to both. The return typically takes about an hour to fill so once you get a handle of how long this is going to run, its much easier to plan around.

This may not be needed for fish tank but certainly has been a handy accessory for my nano tanks. the return is also gentle as not to upset the plants, mosses or sandy substrates.

There are two accessories available: a tank hanger and prefilter.

• Since my working space is rather cramp with several young kids around, i find the hanger to be very practical in having this out of reach.

• The prefilter is handy but not necessary if you only intend to source water from a clean bucket. The prefilter prevents granuals or debris from entering the pump to prevent damage or clogging. its required if you intend to transfer water between tanks or from sources of water which are not entirely clear of debris.

$15.99 from amazon or from other online retailers. Another potential stocking stuffer idea from me to you :)

Happy Holidays!

See less See more
#4 ·
Can this be used with a valve to reduce the flow rate of the return safely without damage to the pump?
I have not tried this over a long period, but I believe it can be valved.

I pulled one apart because I clogged it (always use a prefilter if you are drawing water from your tank!). When it was working again I couldn't help but mess around with it with the cover off. When I completely covered the outlet the pumping diaphragms inflated slightly, but everything still appeared to be in working order.

What application are you using it for? It only pushes about 3.5 gph un-valved; it's barely a trickle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.