The Planted Tank Forum banner

DIY Co2 Pressurized Kit

10K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  jrill 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone used a pressurized kit like this 1? It is to be used with soda bottles. Thinking of buying 1.

See less See more
#2 ·
Please do buy one of those kits, then use it and let us know how it works out for you. It is an interesting idea and if it works ok it would improve DIY CO2 a lot. I would worry about making a huge mess if a bottle fails from the pressure, but theoretically it won't fail.

#4 · (Edited)
It is an Ebay listing, which I ironically found it on this web site. When I am longed I can not view pictures. Thus I search when not logged in to view pictures. On thread on champagne DIY Co2 not longed in there was a link to it. Just go to ebay and search for DIY CO2 system Kit. Then item from a few sellers should be viewable.

I am going to try the traditional DIY Co2 first before buying it.

It says you must prepare -
2x 2 Litre of Coka Cola plastic bottle
1x 200g of Citric acid or 200ml of vinegar
1x 200g of baking soda
With listing lowest price the 1st has detailed instructions. The 2nd 1 has a video showing the preparation of the mixture.

The smell of vinegar would probably not be good. Thus another reason to try champagne yeast 1st. It has a sweeter smell to it. I have a sensitive nose.

#10 ·
Use this link: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/foru...tem-Aquarium-Plant-Kit-CO2-Diffuser-Generator But, it never gets around to saying how long a batch works. If it is a week, that's very usable. If it is a day, it isn't usable at all. I'm tempted to buy a kit and at least test it. The price isn't bad, but it comes from Hong Kong. I think I would use a check valve with it to stop tank water from flowing back into the bottles.

#13 ·
I have that exact one. The gauge doesn't work, but I am getting bubbles from my 3 in 1 diffuser. I use that and a hagen nutrifin in a 65 gallon tank. It has been 2 weeks, and I see growth. My angel/baby tears are dying, but my dwarve angel tears are definately growing. My Co2 long term tester is greenish blue, but not the green that it recommends. A side note is that I use a large air pump for my sandfall, and a HOB filter.

The ebay seller has been reluctant on sending me a replacement gauge. It looks like everything else works fine though.

#21 ·
What solution is that? You have had so many solutions.
My last one. Here is the post :

Today was the last day on the charge of: Was good for 30 days, 2bps for 8 hours a day.<br />
<br />
Bottle A = Citric Acid 400g to 600ml water<br />
Bottle B = Baking Soda 300g to 200ml water<br />
<br />
Lasted 30 days, but.... I was out of town during the last week that it ran so I can not say for sure that it ran for 2bps the whole time during that week. So I am going to restart today using the same ratios and see if I can duplicate this result. Stay tuned if anyone is still interested. :hihi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.