The Planted Tank Forum banner

What is the best way to ship trumpet snails

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  familyman03 
#1 ·
WHAT IS THE BEST AND MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY TO SHIP MALAYSIAN TRUMPET SNAILS?:help:

#5 ·
This is why I always deliver to my office because the front of my house gets nothing but afternoon sun and since I am a slave and am here most of my time I get a little present while at work every time I order something.

It is air conditioned and I dont have to worry about someone stealing my packages off of my front porch.

#9 ·
When I moved (south to north) cross-country three years ago, I unintentionally moved my MT snails:

I placed my driftwood and gravel in a big rubbermaid container (covered) in the back of my topper-covered pickup. Parked in a hotel parking lot for about a week (house sold sooner than we could move) then drove north (in August). Stayed at my mothers for another 5 days (i think I remember flushing the container with water while there), moved to new house and waited for aquarium to arrive. Put gravel/driftwood into tank, filled with water, and found live snails!

So any of the methods mentioned above should be fine:thumbsup:

#10 ·
When I moved (south to north) cross-country three years ago, I unintentionally moved my MT snails:

I placed my driftwood and gravel in a big rubbermaid container (covered) in the back of my topper-covered pickup. Parked in a hotel parking lot for about a week (house sold sooner than we could move) then drove north (in August). Stayed at my mothers for another 5 days (i think I remember flushing the container with water while there), moved to new house and waited for aquarium to arrive. Put gravel/driftwood into tank, filled with water, and found live snails!

So any of the methods mentioned above should be fine:thumbsup:

so you are saying that aquatic snails are the cockroach of aquariums!!!

If they are then I should have no problem shipping them in any way it sounds like I just need to keep them from drying out is that right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.