The Planted Tank Forum banner

My Secret Weapon For Killing Algae

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  TekWarren 
#1 ·
I ran across this video:

Have any of you used H202 the same way this guy does?

I'm just wondering if anyone else this technique.

Thanks.

#4 ·
I've used h202 to spot treat but this guy took it to another level. In the video he did several treatments:

1. Sprayed the surface to eliminate surface build up.
2. Lowered the water level and sprayed the tops of plants and the power heads.
3. Sprayed to spot treat under water.

Very interesting stuff. This guy had an awesome scape two and he rarely did water changes.

#6 ·
That is not any real Secret. There are several threads on using H2O2 on this site that are not very hard to find if one just looks.

In those sites are recommendations on dose per gallon. Where this video fall short and boarders on being irresponsible, is that he does not speak about OD levels. A safer way to approach it if put 10% less than Max. dose in that bottle. Then explain stop when that amount has been used.

Ultimately, algae control is about addressing the cause, not treating the symptoms.

#9 ·
Not new or a secret. There are a few methods using H202 and some have used it for years. I've used it to both spot treat and do whole tank treatments. It will kill BBA but not solve what causes it. Just use the cheap brown bottles of it you see in the stores 3% I think? No need to dilute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.