U R B A N AQUARIUM

The Bottom Kal-Kar

Rear Light Table - experiment

U R B A N AQUASCAPING
Inspiration - Ciudad Perdida

The New Hydor Ario 4 House

Rear Light Table with T5 21 Watt & More

Single Shut Image Movies

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cryptocoryne Petchii "Chair"

The intimacy bowl

Crinum Calamistratum Pillars with the 'Pendulum Ball'

Thank you in advance
globali

See less See more
#5 ·
Whiskey. Foxtrot. Tango. This makes no sense to me.

I was thinking about "urban aquascaping" the other day, but I had something totally different in mind. I was thinking it might be cool to replicate the footings (or a base) from a bridge (like you might see spanning over a river or lake). Maybe make it out of concrete and wood. Probably a dumb idea, but makes more sense than coating a piece of drift wood with quartz.

#7 ·
I love that piece of driftwood. But why cover up such a great piece like that. I have never seen urban aquascaping before. I will be watching and waiting to see more.

#10 ·
If you look at the inspiration for the layout "the lost city" it makes more sense. I've had a similar idea swirling about for some time after seeing a few shows about Machu Picchu. Lots of terracing with steps, stone walls, with low growing ground cover. The black quartz covering seems a bit odd initially but given how you have everything else planned out so well I'm sure the reasoning will become clear very soon.

I appreciate the time put in to display the concept so artfully in the thread. Looking forward to seeing how this develops. Needless to say I think you've piqued a lot of interest with your first post! Consider me subscribed.

#13 · (Edited)
Thank you very much
VincentK, jwm5, rushr, Stemwinder,
Riiz, nemosreef, Digital, xmas_one,
MrJG, CL, acropora1981.

Dear Friends,

Again my deep apology since english is not my native language.

Thank you so much for all comments, It's been a very long journey for me
understand the needs of planted aquarium in general but most of all to be
able to generate a new idea or concept for what is defined and known as
AQUASCAPING.

I do hope I will be able to accomplish all the goals and create an healthy aq'.

Certainly I will update here in due time and I also hope to be more active
at that good forum as well.

Thank u in advanced
globali

#20 ·
Is the goal of U R B A N Aquascaping to "hide" the equipment, while making it blend into the natural feel of the tank? That's my perception of it; please correct me if i am wrong. I think this is a great idea because we usually try to hide the equipment entirely, but if there is a way to make it blend in with everything (by making it not look like what it actually is), then i'm sure many people will follow your ideas.

But then again, what is the stair-looking structure for? And the box with holes in it? Is this another way to make an "artificial" tank, rather then one with plastic plants, unnatural-colored gravel, and decorations (pirate ships, etc)? I really like this idea. Although it is very different, it would change my view of unnatural aquariums entirely.

Sorry about all the random babbling, i'm just trying to understand this new style. :D

#22 · (Edited)
... This is interesting ...
... Pretty cool idea ...
... Pretty different I must say ...
... Interesting concept ...
... ummm.... neat ...
... Way to think outside of the box ...
... Still don't get it ...
... Whisky Two more whiskies Four ...
... this will be a very cool setup ...
... This project is artsy ...
... different and intriguing ideas ...
... can't wait to see this tank ...

Thank u very much 4 taking the
time 2 view and respond here.

Dear AzFishKid,

.. while making it blend into the natural feel ... Yes.
... what is the stair-looking structure for? experiment.
And the box with holes in it? The New Hydor Ario 4 House.
... Is this another way to make an "artificial" tank ... No.
The Aquarium is design 2be planted LowTech
and very natural, one can imagine all elements
as they are integrated to one frame in harmony.

#33 ·
I am curios. Don't know what the final look will be, but I am eager to find out.

I suggest folks skip the acronyms and wait and see the final results.
agree

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.