The Planted Tank Forum banner

DIY Euro Brace 10

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  GMYukonon24s 
#1 ·
Hi,

I started my first shrimp tank over the xmas holiday. I de-rimmed a standard 10 gal (petco $1gal sale) and had a local glass company cut me narrow 1.5" strips to create my own euro bracing. i'm really happy with how it turned out! heres a snapshot of full tank. i have a 18" finnex ray 2 hanging 20" from the substrate and i'm running a fluval nano intank filter. looking to add in a co2 system some time very soon. let me know if you have one available.. hoping to get one around 150. love some feedback... substrate is floramax, and i wish i wouldn't have used it. should have gone with eco complete, but i'm on a tight budget for this setup. thanks for looking,
happy new year!
ant

See less See more
#3 ·
i used silicone and put a bead along the top edge of the tank. put the bracing in place on the long ends first, let sit overnight, then did the short sides, let sit overnight again. for the short sides, i braced a small piece of 2.x4 under it so it would have something to sit on while it was curing. cleaned up all excess silicon with sharp razor next day. its very sturdy and the tank did not bow at all when filled up. i'm thinking of doing one with a 20 long next!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.