The Planted Tank Forum banner

So what do we all do for a living?

74K views 674 replies 473 participants last post by  Vinster8108 
#1 ·
I'm a network analyst myself, fish are my creative outlet. How about you guys?

#52 ·
Retired from AT&T after 31 years in 1998. Spent the first 11 as a comunnication technician and the last 20 as a supervisor in the engineering department. Ran a computer repair service until I had a second heart attack and first stroke in 91. Can't work anymore.

Got my first aquarium as a kit in 1969.

David

#53 ·
Work for the City of Toronto as a Fireman for 10 years. I live In Toronto, Canada. Have 2 tanks but I'm new into planted aquariums. No Mustangs or Hondas but I have a 56 Chev with a 442 Vet Engine with all the bells under the hood. Runs 1/4 mile under ten. Well anyway I here to learn about planted tank and look forward in learning all I can.

#60 ·
vince60 said:
I have 91 honda civic with a 1.8a LS with 375hp at the wheel and no NOS. terbo charged w/18 psi the fastest one on the street SO far. Oh ya and my tanks. p.s. I`ll run your 5.0 stang
LOL :lol: What a backwards culture we live in. I am autocrossing a rear wheel drive, torque-heavy V8 muscle car and you're drag racing a nimble, front wheel drive import car.
375 wheel horsepower out of a 1.8L. That's just insane. You're going to turn your motor into a grenade!

#63 ·
Rickster, what the heck is that supposed to be a picture of anyway?

Oh, I'm a junior psychology major (formerly biomedical science/pre-med) and proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2004 (Whoop!) at Texas A&M University, the best university in the US! Whoop! :D

P.S.-If you're not an Aggie, I don't fault you if some or all of this message didn't make sense. :wink:

#64 ·
STAT 007 said:
Rickster, what the heck is that supposed to be a picture of anyway?

Oh, I'm a junior psychology major (formerly biomedical science/pre-med) and proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2004 (Whoop!) at Texas A&M University, the best university in the US! Whoop! :D

P.S.-If you're not an Aggie, I don't fault you if some or all of this message didn't make sense. :wink:
It's funny that since the age of computers that almost nobady recognizes the old style eraser with brush. I shot this too.

#65 ·
i'm working on a phd in victorian literature at the university of chicago. right now i'm taking a sabbatical and working as a legal assistant at a corporate law firm downtown.

i am also into, besides literature, gardening, tennis, traveling and anything that has to do with plants or animals.

i also played volleyball in high school, undergrad and grad school.

-jay

#66 ·
Another ME here, not working.

Rickster, isn't that the bunny at Washington Univeristy? One of my kids is in college there.

#69 ·
anonapersona said:
Another ME here, not working.

Rickster, isn't that the bunny at Washington Univeristy? One of my kids is in college there.
Nope. This one is here at the national gallery. But there may be more than one

#70 ·
SIEMENS Telecommunications Technician
Hobby's:
Bass Fishing (calm down, I catch and release)
Remote control 1/10 scale truck (RC10GT)
PC gaming, 1st person shooters mainly

I love birds. Watching, feeding
Also build bird houses.

#71 ·
I am in construction. Heavy machinery operator. Dozer and excavator being my specialty but I can run just about anything. I sometimes get into the supervision/project manager side of it. But I try not to because I like haveing low responsibility (in other words I can come in hungover and nothing is said :lol: )

As for hobbies I work on my Corvette (not going to offer to race anyone. I like having my CDLs and I dislike racing on the track), I like to fabricate various things in metal (not art, functional things like go-carts and off-road buggies and other sorts of things), playing with my two cats (they like my aquaria more than I do, hehe), and I LOVE to learn (I am a walking oxymoron, an intelligent construction worker. IQ of 160+, lol). There are a bunch of others but those are the main ones.

#72 ·
Hey sounds like a lot of different vocations here.

Well as for me.

I have an associate diploma in Surveying, a bachelor degree in Law, a graduate certificate in Legal Practice. I am currently a Director in a commercial ceiling company. For all you people who live in America, my company puts up those ceilings in your offices. I employ eight people.

It took me 22 years to find out what I was good at and even now I'm still uncertain!! :)

Anyway as I always say, you should never have too many feathers in your cap.

Rumple.

#73 ·
Yet another ME here haha I think we're close to 10 now. I work for a company called Textron been in Product and Equipment Engineering, presently doing a bit of both since they are "restructuring" aka I now do 2 peoples' jobs and get paid for only one. I work at Petsmart (been there almsot since they opened here) on Saturday afternoon's to get some of my supplies for our dogs, fish, turtle, and new cat :roll: at a discount. I really do nothing there but customer service and read all the newest fish mags :wink: and I get paid for it :lol:

Fishkeeping, Fishing, Jeeps and RX7's are my main hobbies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.