The Planted Tank Forum banner

Aqualine/Aquamedic Equipment?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Doomer 
#1 ·
Anyone here have experince with the Aqua-Medic/Aqualine Busche line of equipment? I'm going to order a regulator next week and I really like the solid look and feel of the thing. I was also looking at the "Reactor 1000", it looks solid, and its large enough to grow with my tank when the 135 is too small :)

#2 ·
I've got a complete Aqualine system on my 250 gal. Good stuff, highly recommend it. I recommend replacing the tank to regulator gasket that comes with the regulator with a standard gasket. The one from Aqualine is way smaller and looks like it was made for a different type tank. I learned this after I sacrificed a 20 lb. tank. :(

By all means go with the Reactor 1000 and not the 500. The 1000 works flawlessly, the 500 is a PITA. I have a 500 on my 75 gal. and have just ordered a 1000 to replace it.

#4 ·
I had to order the gaskets from Kegworks. The place where I get my refills told me to reuse the old gasket, they didn't stock it. This seemed pretty dumb to me until someone pointed out that they sell more gas this way. :(

My fist 20 lb. tank lasted about 4 months which was way too short a time. When I got the gaskets from Kegworks I emediately replaced the gasket. The old one came out in pieces and was obviously not doing it's job. I'm counting on the second tank lasting much much longer.

btw: I'm not thrilled with the Aqua Medic bubble counter and will probably replace it with a home made one some time in the future. I don't trust the O ring that seals the top. I put some vasoline on it to help with the seal. This was a mistake as it caused the top to creep up and out of the tube. Had to clean it all off to get it to stay shut.

#5 ·
Gareth,
As you look into the AB1000 reactor, don't forget to check out the overall lenght of the reactor. I believe it is 15" long. The input into the reactor is from the bottom, so you will need ample room under your aquarium to accomodate it without kinking any hoses into and out of the reactor. The barbs on the reactor are 1/2", if your new filter system is 5/8", you might have to reduce the tubing and decrease your rate of flow.
I know they are a bit expensive, probably too expensive, but look into Hydrologix if the AB1000 is too big.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.