The Planted Tank Forum banner

philly area swap list. great for local pickups!

197K views 3K replies 127 participants last post by  scapegoat 
#1 ·
#2,797 ·
The hidden reef in Levittown had pygmy cories the last two times I was in, I imagine they will stock again! And anyone have plants they are thinning or cutting? Low light plants, especially crypts. All my tanks are in need. Also looking for low grade crystal red shrimp, or any shrimp really, I need something besides the blue pearl I have, not enough color!

#2,802 ·
I know its a bit of a drive, but I know some of the Petcos in the Lehigh Valley carry some.
Their price matching policy can also potentially make it worth the drive.

#2,807 ·
I'm looking for hygrophila people! Anyone have some? Preferably willow or regular temple. Need something that grows fast that can populate the back corners of my tank. I bought some willow hygro in its emersed form but it's not shooting off yet. I'm impatient haha I'd just like to fill it all in now instead of waiting for it to grow and split the stems.

#2,809 · (Edited)
EDIT: already found it a new home, thanks!

<strike>I'm in the Poconos and I have a 29gal tank I need to get rid of before I move if anyone is interested, please pm me! Included is the tank, hob filter, 4 loaches (2 yoyo, 2 kubotai), 4 espei rasboras, all plants and substrate, and an aquatic life t5ho light, and wooden stand. Asking $50 for everything, but make me an offer. I move in a little over a month so need to move it ASAP. Thanks!</strike>

#2,811 ·
I've a ton of Blyxa japonica and C. willissi x lucens. I also have some Hygrophila Augustifolia.

I'm open to trade for anubias nana, anubias nana petite, african fern. I'm also interested in any/all south american plants, but priority goes to the above mentioned plants. Otherwise I'm happy to sell at $1/stem. I'm located in feasterville.

#2,821 ·
If you need to get rid of them and your giving them away for free I could find a home for them. I have a 75 gallon planted tank with some medium sized angels or a better fit might be my girlfriends dad's tank which has a higher Ph and some medium sized african cichlids (also 75 gallons).

Depends on how long the drive would be. I'm coming from philadelphia.

#2,823 ·
You know it Bill! You need anything Bill? I tried to buy some willow hygro online and they screwed up my order and gave me regular green temple hygro. After cutting each stem in half I had enough to plant most of the background in my 75 gallon tank. I could toss some stems your way if you'd like any. I got some emersed grown wisteria from petco on aramingo ave. Wonder how long it will take before it changes into its submerged form.

If you still have my number, text me.

#2,824 ·
I got some metricide 14 (excel alternative) if anyone wants to buy some. Use up your excel bottles and I'll refill them from my gallon bottle of metricide. It's about 2x the strength....I think the actual is 1.7x the strength or something like that. $5 bucks for a 16oz (500ml) bottle refill? Also bought some ferrous gluconate powder if anyone would like to mix up a batch of iron liquid.

#2,825 ·
Hey guys. Sad for me to say but I'll need to be leaving the hobby for awhile. Long story short, my recent divorce has left me with neither the time, money, or energy to properly care for my tanks. I have two full setups I'm looking to sell. I don't want to sell everything individually, I'd rather sell each one with everything included. One is a 29 gallon with inverts (sakura shrimp, malawa shrimp, Thai microcrabs), the other is a 75 gallon with a colony of chili Endler's. Both setups are lively and healthy, and come with EVERYTHING: tank, stand, lighting, filtration, heater, air pump, rocks/decorations, substrate, and plenty of live plants. I also have some extra stuff that will be included, i.e. food, osmocote root tabs, etc. Shoot me a PM if interested and I can give you all of the details, as well as pics. Thanks.

#2,828 ·
Sorry to hear you're leaving the hobby. :( you may get a pm about the shrimp tank. I need to see what I can work out.
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'm asking $250 for the 29 gallon, $400 for the 75 gallon. I typed out a detailed breakdown of what's included already for someone who sent me a PM. So if anyone wants to know all of the details, let me know and I can just copy and paste it for you.

#2,829 ·
Heyo...

Been a while gang. Hope everybody is well. I just cleaned out my 55 which desperately needed a trim. Ended up with a pile of Bolbitus, Needle Java, and Anubias Nana Petit to get rid of.

* This is a full size bath towel for size reference. You can see my feet just barely in the pic as well. This is a huge mass of plants...

Bolbitus leaves are probably 10"+ and rhizomes vary in length from 3" to 8". Very healthy and large plants. You don't find this stuff for grabs very often. I got this as a pile from Steve maybe a year ago, maybe longer. It's at least twice or maybe even 3 times what I got from him originally. What I got had some Needle Java mixed in which also grew great. That's now separated and also up for grabs. I have a TON of Anubias Nana. A huge pile. I might be keeping all the Crypts but I could always be convinced otherwise for the right deal.

I'm looking to sell mostly but would be open to trades if the right thing was offered. Hit me up if interested.

#2,836 ·
They sell them at a pet store by my place in roxborough Bill. I thought about picking some up for myself for my 10 gallon but never pulled the trigger. It's called Worldwide Aquarium. Same place I got some pygmy cories and SAE. Really nice staff. If you want them I can ask the manager to order some more in and pick them up for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.