The Planted Tank Forum banner

Big Tank, what would you do?

33K views 209 replies 50 participants last post by  Freemananana 
#1 ·
I got a large hand me dowm tank. previous owner figured it to be about 88 gallons. it came with one florescant light. a duel bio wheel hang on the back filter, and air pump and under gravel system.
I can just barely reach the bottom of the tank using a step stool, so I want to keep the plantings simple. and I want to keep the lighting as is though I can up grade the bulb.
so given what I am starting with what would you do with it and what would you house it with as far as flora/fauna?

See less See more
#176 ·
planted some tape grass and it failed, so then added some water sprite and it looked horrid but now that it is adjusting to the tank it is starting to look nice.
fish are doing great
here is the tank today

Attachments

#179 ·
Hello meg!
Your fish are beautiful. Tank looks great.
I was thinking of you this week....I still love my mermaid....she got a good scrub to remove algae. She's a big joy in my tank.
hey hey hey!!!!! how are you? I been bad and not showing up here much lately, to much other stuff on my plate. but the tanks are coming along. I added 4 beuno aires tetras to this tank, they are wonderful, a bigger tetra but shiney silver with nice red fins, big eyes... and they school great.
How are the goldies? did you ever get that pond started???? hmmmm?
hows your mom?
so happy the mermaid still warms your heart

#180 ·
thanks Sandy, I like how the plants have grown and balanced nicely with the shapes of the wood... a happy accident!

#181 ·
Great to hear from you :)
I'm not here much either.....now the tank has settled....I'm into fountain pens.
My fishy crew have gone through a change. I have a total of 7 goldfish.....I'm busy doing big water changes. At least when it's warm, the garden get the dirty water. :)
Never got to the pond. My 120g tank keeps me busy enough. Someday. ;)

Mom is good. She's busy in the garden and enjoying the heat.

How are you and your pond?

#182 ·
fountain pens, as in writing pens? :icon_ques
the koi pond just had some plumbing re-worked, I am so proud of myself it is silly! lol.
the lily garden is empty with a hole in it. this summer I am going to be doing a LOT of work on it. Sandy(KNTRY) gave me two bottom drains she made :thumbsup: how cool is that! so I will be kept out of trouble for a while! lol.

#195 ·
We're stocking next week and the kids want Central American Cichlids, they saw them at a friends house and they like the personalities of the fish....... Firemouth, Dempsey, Convict, Green Terror etc. for a total of 8...that ought to shake up Disneyland

We also have a planted show guppy tank that's a lot more mellow

Hopefully both the plants and fish will survive :)

I'll stop by and visit every once in awhile

Lots of luck to Yourself and Meg ;-)

#197 ·
fun tank MeCasa! want to see it with the chiclids moved in!

here is mine today! and I wi[censored][censored][censored][censored] was as big as you girls' tanks are!

Attachments

#198 ·
hahaha I just noticed all the censored on that last post! I have no Idea what was censored!! hehehe...
these I took today just for the fun of it....

Attachments

#201 ·
the tank hasn't changed much KNTRY...thanks, pleased you like it

Attachments

#203 ·
hey stranger!
the geophaygus is the size of your hand fingertips to heal of the hand. He is very cool, tons of personality.
the rainbows are 2- 3 and half inches, and the tetras are a solid inch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.