The Planted Tank Forum banner

Thought for the day

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Wasserpest 
#1 ·
10 lbs CO2 Bottle with CO2: $75
Regulator: $29.99
Needle valve: $25

Having the stability of a pressurized CO2 system, never having to get sticky fingers from sugar water, no more yeasty smell, and not having to mess with the system for a year? Priceless!

#2 ·
Convincing your spouse that those $150 are necessary investment: ?? gray hairs.
Disconnecting the whole thing and getting it refilled: ?? hours
Killing all your fish because your nephews played with the shiny controls: $???

Mixing water, a cup of sugar and some yeast twice a month: No big deal!!!

(Disclaimer: I AM JUST KIDDING! I know pressurized CO2 is the ultimate in convenience and the WAY TO GO!!!)
:mrgreen:

#4 ·
Oh man, that so reminds me of something that happened to me about 15 years ago when I was a kid. I was about 12 years old, and had aquired an old hand me down 10 gallon aquarium. I had pieced together all kinds of parts from friends and family and used my meager allowance to buy fish for it. (Believe it or not I actually had it planted with anacharis from one of our local lakes!)

Well, one day I was gone. Friend's house or something. And my mom had a lady come by to visit. This lady brought her little boy. He couldn't have been much more than 5 or so. Well, they decided to let him play in my room for the duration of the visit.

Fast forward a few hours, and I come home. I went over to my fish tank only to realize that my fish were all floating in various upside down positions and the water had the consistency of runny mashed potatos. Then I spied my jumbo container of flake food on the floor. Empty.

Apparently this little boy thought it was feeding time and just didn't quite understand the concept of moderation. To this day, I have still never forgiven him. :evil:

#6 ·
DLeDeaux, I feel your pain! I hate to hijack this thread with toddler terror stories, but when I was still living with my parents, I was breeding some gorgeous Peach Pseudotropheus Zebra African Cichlids and had a 20g tank full of about 30 perfect little 1"~1.5" fry. Well my little nephew decided he thought the babies shared his obsession with Coca-Cola and decided to share at least half of his 12 oz. can with the little fellers. Needless, to say, I found a 20g tank full of dead fish and I still steer clear of that nephew to this day (ane he just got his license! We're doomed.).

#7 ·
Isn't there something about ppl visiting and thinking your fishies look hungry? I have all my fish food hidden in the freezer... only risk is that someone thinks these frozen mosquito larvae are homemade candies :lol:

Fender963 said:
Wasserpest said:
Killing all your fish because your nephews played with the shiny controls: $???
Did this really happen to you Wasserpest? If it did, I'm very sorry! :?
Kyle
Nah, I was just constructing a worst case scenario :wink: something to balance out Dave's thought of the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.