The Planted Tank Forum banner

I got a deal!!!

914 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  dubvstudent 
#1 ·
I am a craigslist king. I am always on there, looking for a deal. Yesterday, I found a 30 gallon aquarium, 45 gallon aquarium, and stand. I bribe my dad, and we went to look at it today. I got the 30 gallon, 45 gallon, stand, along with a Bio-Wheel filter, Internal Filter, Hoods, Heaters, 10 gallon tank light, 29-30 gallon tank light, and some fish....for $50. I didn't care much for the fish, so after some more bribing (cupcakes, and tea) my dad takes me to the fish store, and I trade in all the fish, and buy a Elephant Nose Fish for my 55 gallon planted tank. I am SO happy with my deal. I have to clean it up, but my plans are to make the 45 gallon tank into a saltwater aquarium with an pygmy octopus, and make the 30 gallon tank into a High Tech planted tank, which I will raise plants in, and sell to my LFS.

Done with my bragging, now a question. I have no fish in my 55 gallon planted tank, except the Elephant Nose, but I have a Dwarf Puffer in a 5 gallon tank (my heater got messed up, so this was my emergency tank) and now I am wondering if I could put the Elephant Nose, and Dwarf Puffer together? I heard Dwarf Puffers can live with ottos, so isn't an Elephant Nose about like an otto?
Thanks,
Rick

#8 ·
My only recommendation is to do alot of reading before you jump into saltwater.
It is very expensive and mistakes will cost you big bucks from time to time.

Quite frankly I would not recommend an octopus to anyone either. The are the worlds greatest escape artists and must be kept in a dedicated system b/c even the pygmy varieties will eat most anything they can catch. 45 gallons is too small for any species I know of as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.