The Planted Tank Forum banner

Ohio!!!

35K views 215 replies 96 participants last post by  Snorlatke 
#1 · (Edited)
Where ya at? Lets have a roll call! Northern is better of course ;):red_mouth

I'm in Austinburg.

#124 ·
wow just stumbled on this forum yesterday. What a resource. I am in canton ohio and have been doing a planted freshwater tank for about 3 years. Looking into adding a second tank, wish I would have known about that auction I would have checked it out. Anyone in the akron canton area know of any good LFS? Seems they are in short order.

#132 ·
Two Turtles on West Market. Just west of downtown in Akron's Highland Square neighborhood. Get off route 8 at the Buchtel exit, turn left on Market, wave at me during office hours, and its a few miles down on your left.

Please don't buy the things I might want though :)

Dry goods are expensive but they have a good selection of fresh and salt water.

The fall auction was Sunday. I brought home two coolers full of fish bags.

#125 ·
Just wanted to tell everyone hi!!!!! Anyone ever hear of Burton? That's where I live. The town where time stands still....literally....LOL Amish country. Something Fishy in Mentor closed before I could get there. I've been to the one in Old Brooklyn. Awesome place. Dave showed me his breeding tanks. It was totally amazing.

#127 ·
Hey fellow Ohioans! I am from Toledo and I just discovered this board a few weeks ago. Since then I have also started my first planted 55g tank. Its been up and running for a few days now and I have been eagerly scouring these boards trying to soak up as much information as I can. Would love to find a few people from the area, perhaps find some livestock auctions, etc.

As far as a LFS, the only trustworthy reputable store (that I know of) is Trilby Tropicals. They have a nice selection of freshwater fish (some saltwater stuff too), a smallish-decent size selection of plants, and quite a bit of aquarium supplies. Their prices might be a tad on the high side, but their knowledge and reputation make it worth it.

Anyways, if anyone is from the area, feel free to drop me a line!

#128 ·
Hello,

I'm from Washington Court House. I don't think anyone here is close to my location. I feel like I am far away from other cities since it's so hard to get any aquarium items.

I been lurking for months and reading up on Neo shrimp. I hope soon I will be having an aquarium with them. This place is great.

#129 ·
VOTE

GET INVOLVED

Your future will be heavily impacted by today's outcome. Think about what both candidates stand for and what's important to you. Go out and make a statement.

You folks may be the one's that decide the outcome today. Don't sit on the sidelines, GET IN THE GAME!

#143 ·
I am in Wadsworth Ohio and I am a shrimp freak lol :icon_mrgr! I Breed sakura/fire red shrimps and also keep ghost shrimps, bamboo/wood shrimps, amanos, 2 crystal red shrimp and a undetermined type I believe is a blue pearl or blue rili. I am currently looking for yellow/neon yellow shrimps in the Neo's and some fire/painted or better red shrimps. Always looking for good prices on red or black crystals low grade ok just love how they look and would like to find more wood shrimps or any type of filter shrimps (my new love) PM me or add me as a friend I LOVE to talk shrimps and fish and do trades! :bounce:

#148 ·
Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know where I can get a 10 lb C02 tank refilled in the Akron/Canton area?

I'm in Jackson Township and work in downtown Akron so if you know of something between like Stow and Canton let me know please.

I'd prefer to have them filled while I wait because they're new and all pretty and shiny but I've pretty much given up on that fantasy so exchanges are okay too.

After some googling I called Gem and Sons on Arlington but I guess that 3:30 pm is "after hours" for them. I'll try again tomorrow.

Please let me know if you know of any place.

#151 ·
Something Fishy Is Amazing! I Though I'd Let You Guys Know. Gem And Sons Filled My 10 Lb Tan For $10. I Did Have To Leave ThemForAFew Days. Sorry If This PostLooks WeirdMy Phone Screen Is Cracked So Its Doing OddThings That I Can't Control.

#153 ·
Olmsted Falls. Just lately been searching out the LFS's in the area. Really like Aquatica in Valley City and I stopped at Blue Fish in Mayfield a couple days ago and will definitely be back if my future plans to do a reef tank come together.

#154 ·
I really like Blue Fish. When I explained that I was a planted tank nut looking to do a small reef, they really took the time to talk to me about the process. We need a local store like this for FW planted tanks.

By the way, GoKingsGo... if you're from SoCal but support the Sacramento Kings you are the man! I detest the Lakers. (FYI, I lived in Sac for 7 years). Welcome to TPT!

#155 ·
I really like Blue Fish. When I explained that I was a planted tank nut looking to do a small reef, they really took the time to talk to me about the process. We need a local store like this for FW planted tanks.

By the way, GoKingsGo... if you're from SoCal but support the Sacramento Kings you are the man! I detest the Lakers. (FYI, I lived in Sac for 7 years). Welcome to TPT!
Thanks for the welcome pweifan.

Totally agree with you about needing a good plant LFS, and about the guys at Blue Fish. I've been ordering my plants on line cause options are limited, or getting the occasional one from Petco that looks healthy and not half dead. At Blue Fish I was just picking up some new lights, but talked to them for a while but numerous things both salt and fresh and they are very knowledgable.

The other Kings. Long time LA Kings fan. I'm indifferent about the Lakers now cause I hated Kobe when he came into the league, and I still hate him. Went to college in No Cal, so made my way into Sac Town a few times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.