The Planted Tank Forum banner

ProJekt X : Biotope/Paludarium

13K views 76 replies 28 participants last post by  izabella87 
#1 ·
Hola... !!
So today I decided to make a new tank for a natural looking biotope (small fish maybe salamanders etc) and paludarium, plants and so on top.
Project is still in the beginning phases but tonight, I put together the aquarium itself and the light fixture.
Last time i built and aquarium, it took me a week, 3 times redone, a total silicon mess, called my apartment the silicone valley... but this time 1 hr, all glued up together :)

Dimensions of the tank i built are 76 long X 37 high and 37 deep. (in centimeters) equals to 27.5 gallons.

The light is 3 spotlight on panels that are 76 cm high.

I still need to repaint the light fixture and water test the tank itself. Get the plants, the hardscape, wash the hardscape...
But all is going according to the plan.. my vague plan hehe..

Here are a few pics !
Inside
The side
Light
Futur location

See less See more
#68 ·
Just giving u a lil update.. The plants are doin really well and even flowering, and the fish are growing.. I suspect my electric yellows are hybrids .. stripes on the babies.. I guess i'll see what they really are as they grow:)

#76 ·
Hi all!
So yesterday I've transferred all the jewel cichlid fry(since they have grown enough) and placed them in the paludarium with the yellow lab X fry (I say yellow lab X cuz im pretty sure, by their markings, that this lil yellow lab has been promiscuous with a zebra or kenyi male instead of heir own breed)

Here's a video of the tank and it's occupants. Notice how big everyone got in such a short period !
http://youtu.be/-8Uk4UwYusQ

#77 ·
Hi all ! This is the February update video of the fry tank, it's doing amazing, all the babies are growing, and right after this video i transferred all the Lab X fry (not the jewels though cuz they are still too small) into the 40 gallon with the first 2 batches of fry,
so here's the video ::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdCgEQPM7zc&list=HL1360426844

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.