FTS Thread - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Indiana

Old 07-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #31
chevyguy8893
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddha View Post
Just yesterday my rams laid their third batch. The first batch didnt make it through the first night, the second batch made it 3 days. So we will see!! Im very excited seeing this happen in my tank, but I dont know how to cultivate BBS so I dont think I would be able to feed the fry. I have otos in my tank and the rams lay their eggs right in oto territory. My ram parents are still fairly young and the male shows no signs of wanting to protect the babies. I think the mom is having a tough time protecting them on her own...

I just checked out that Alternanthera reineckii. I have pretty low light, so probably a no-go. But I do want to get my hands on some cyperus helferi! That plant looks like it will fit perfectly with my tank
Thanks for the suggestions
That's awesome, good luck with the third batch. Maybe there will be enough microorganisms living in there to support them for a little while. I've never had any fry in my tanks so I don't have experience, but maybe the fry would go for hikari first bites. They might not recognize it as food though. Hopefully the parents have learned a bit on taking care of the fry and something makes it through.

What kind of light do you have? Once you get some of the cyperus helferi be sure to post a picture of the tank if you can, I'd like to see how it looks in there.
chevyguy8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #32
freak
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Was told I should post a full tank shot so here goes. Just switched to live plant's so this is a work in progress. This is my Angel tank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Live%20plant%20tank%20pics%20009.jpg (147.0 KB, 5 views)
freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #33
rininger85
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

this is my first planted tank, not real thickly planted yet, but I'll keep adding to it... battling algae right now though, might need to reduce my lights because algae went crazy when I put my new lights on this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-10-15 17.48.10.jpg (171.2 KB, 8 views)
rininger85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #34
chevyguy8893
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

Those tanks look nice, freak and rininger85. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Freak, good luck with the switch to live plants, it can get addictive though lol. I've always liked the hardscape that you put in that tank.

Rininger85, those are some really cool pieces of driftwood, did you collect those yourself?
chevyguy8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #35
rininger85
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy8893 View Post

Rininger85, those are some really cool pieces of driftwood, did you collect those yourself?
yes, my wife and I were headed to the B93 (radio station out of grand rapids) birthday bash (free concert they do every year) when we heard they had started turning away people because they had too many people show up, so we had already drove an hour from home so decided to drive another hour to hit lake Michigan, spent the day walking up and down beaches all along lake Michigan from Benton harbor to south haven and collected a bunch of driftwood, these had the most character out of all that I collected though.
rininger85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #36
jccaclimber
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

I just realized that I haven't actually posted in this thread. Normally I take shots of part of my tank, so here are a couple of each:

Old 11-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #37
knuggs

PTrader: (77/100%)
Default FTS Thread

Great looking tanks jccaclimber! Very healthy!