The Planted Tank Forum banner

Chattanooga - Bermuda Triangle

10K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  HD Blazingwolf 
#1 ·
I frequently travel to Chattanooga to visit my sister and brother-in-law there and had noticed this shop as we passed it every time on the way to their house. They are located on 7550 East Brainerd Rd, south of I-24. It's not a huge shop, but looks can be deceiving. Extremely clean with a good variety of fresh and saltwater. I saw some Boesman's rainbows, German Blue Rams; cardinal tetras; and yo-yo loaches among other things. Fish that really should be common but are nevertheless impossible to find in my area (Birmingham, AL.) The ratio was probably 60/40 fresh to salt (hard to tell exactly since the SW tanks are bigger.) They also had a very nice tank of plants for sale, where I picked up a couple of small pots of glosso. When I made my choice the gentleman who was waiting on me asked me how much light I had which indicated to me that they a)know their stuff and b)are concerned about their customer's satisfaction rather than making a sale. There wasn't a speck of algae in the sale plant tank that I could see and everything in there was a nice healthy color. There was a separate, low-light tank which held java fern and java moss.

#3 ·
They're in a strip retail center on the right as you head south. It would be a bit difficult to spot, and I can't remember the name of the center, unfortunately. Look 'em up in the phone book and give 'em a call to get a little better idea of how to find them.

#5 ·
I do business w/Bermuda all the time. They are the best store around these parts. They are pricier than the big chains on some things, but the knowledge and quality more than makes up for increased prices. If anyone visits the area they should stop by especially on Wed. or Fri. (a very knowledgable freshwater guy works on those two days).

Anyone else live around here?

#6 ·
Oqsi

Hey man, I just read a post that you wrote in about getting someting started in Tennessee. I fit the bill; I live in Tennessee and am very busy:) . However, I am very interested and could meet every couple months or so.

#13 ·
Hi AMUA6,
I am looking for local people interested in planted tanks. I am also looking for someone that might be interested in purchasing a 75 gal capacity trickle filter kit with overflow box and skimmer. I would like to sell it or trade it for a CO2 set up. I used to be into saltwater reef stuff. I also created an option to make the trickle filter a refug as well.

Does anyone have any plants for sale?

See ya,
Mermaid

#14 ·
What's up Mermaid. I'm just now starting out on my planted tank. It's a 30L that was home to two Oscars, which are being donated over the weekend. Right now it has only java moss, a java fern, the two types of swords (amazon and something else) and also another background plant that blooms blue when it's out of the water. I picked them up from Petco and only went by scientific names while buying them lol I don't have the scientific names memorized yet so cut me some slack :p lol

I plan to use some playsand on the bottom about 3 inches thick, then gravel for the top layer. So basically when I get time and after the Oscars are gone, I will be doing a makeover on my tank. I am not using Co2 or anything... yet.

#18 ·
I went in this evening at about 7 30 and I wasn't all that impressed.. They had a lot of stuff and it was cool to see a nice saltwater collection but the variety in plant life (which is what I went for) was very low. Also I talked with one of the employees about some CRS or Cherry Shrimp and he said that they don't usually get much in. Anyone local have any they wanna sale? lol

I'm sure I will go back in the future; like others have said the prices are a little high

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.