The Planted Tank Forum banner

Bettas & Clown Loaches--Help!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Skysong 
#1 ·
I just saw my all three of my clown loaches running off with snails in their mouths! They're working! So cute :hehe: :D

Starting a new thread because no one was really answering my question.
Has anyone kept a betta male in a tank with clown loaches (2"), danios, harlequins, SAEs (2"), and cories?

If so, how did everyone react to each other?
My tank is not densely planted yet, but I'm planning on making about 1/5 to 1/4 of it just a mass of cabomba (I want an amazon jungle setup). I know the plant may not be accurate, but it contrasts the sword nicely.

#2 ·
I dont think that he would mess with them but Im not to sure that the others wouldnt mess with him...
Thats a list of frisky fish you got in there and they might not be able to resist peckin at a "docile" Betta and those lovely flowing fins !

Just my guess...
mine gets along with all my fish EXCEPT the Black Tetra... but not much harm is done... just some chasing at times on both there parts and when one is to pay the price it is usually the larger tetra... :hehe:

That'll teach him !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.