The Planted Tank Forum banner

Looking for Plant recommendations

451 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Aquaman55g 
#1 ·
I have nearly completed my winter project of totally redoing my 55 gallon tank which included the addition of a Universal Rocks 3D background and a heater cover. This has made the tank look much more natural as I now have my CO2 line, my heater and my filter intake all hidden so all you see are the rocks, driftwood, plants and background. Well you can still see a small submerged thermometer and the clear drop checker but the tank still looks great. I have used the same filter for some time and added some of the old water as well as some old gravel in the filter so the tank should be well seeded - also added some Seachem Stability liquid to add even more beneficial bacteria.
I am seeking recommendations to add additional plants based upon the following set up:
I have iron-rich pottery bits covered by a 1/2 to 3/4 inch layer of Caribe-Sea FloraMax substrate topped with Caribe-Sea Eco Complete black substrate. I am running an AquaClear 110 HOB filter, pressurized CO2 fed directly into the filter intake and a Hagen GLO T5HO 2 X 54 watt light fixture suspended some 12 inches above the tank. The lights and CO2 will be running from 0900 to 1500 hours daily on a timer.
Thanks to all members for suggestions and info. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.