The Planted Tank Forum banner

Full stainless steel CO2 pressurized system build

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Craigthor 
#1 ·
This is a custom order co2 pressurized system, it is a full stainless steel setup. I took some pictures along the way when I build it, put them up here so hopefully anyone want to go the DIY route can find some help.

The parts, components.

apply teflon tape

All pipe (NPT) threads are teflon taped.

installation order
The order may vary due to different parts and components.

Final picture

something extra

See less See more
#4 ·
$1600-$2000, if all parts MSRP, manufacture handling, shipping...
$370-$390 actual cost, new or used parts together, and other accessories(JBJ bubble counters, polyurethane air hose...).
Price on this setup is $430-$450.

#10 ·
Nice how to thread :proud:

I assume you cut the 4" lengths and fold 'em yourself. I'd have looked for skinny tape and used twice the length. Thanx for the tip.

It's driving me crazy with my parts sitting in a box under my desk waiting for a 20# CO2 tank to finish my build. I have to have the tank so I can adjust the build to level it as I build it. I would have started already but for a stupid traffic ticket that ate all my hobby bux for the summer :icon_evil

#14 ·
it is the parker hannifin stainless steel check valve, 1 psi cracking pressure.

BTW, there is a leak on this setup, on 1/4" to 1/8" bushing that connect to the outlet port of the regulator, totally my fault, I didn't screw it in all the way, and failed to detect it when I ran the leak/function test.
Feel really guilty right now, hopefully Craigthor don't cus the sh*t out of me.:icon_conf

#15 ·
it is the parker hannifin stainless steel check valve, 1 psi cracking pressure.

BTW, there is a leak on this setup, on 1/4" to 1/8" bushing that connect to the outlet port of the regulator, totally my fault, I didn't screw it in all the way, and failed to detect it when I ran the leak/function test.
Feel really guilty right now, hopefully Craigthor don't cus the sh*t out of me.:icon_conf
Never, nothing a few minutes of work won't fix. Can't wait to get the bubble counters they should be in any day now.

Craig

#16 ·
Think I got the leak fixed for good now. Everything up to the solenoid is holding pressure, turned the tank on and set at 17.5 psi checked for leaks and nothing yet. Will see how long it will hold this pressure as I wait on my bubble counters to arrive. Only had to take it apart twice to get it tight enough to have a good seal.

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.