The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anyone from Rhode Island?

12K views 65 replies 28 participants last post by  lilnaugrim 
#1 ·
Title says it all! Just wondering if there are any others in here from R.I.?

Steve X.

#3 ·
Nope not a lot of plant people in RI. This is huyvu from the TFSRI - but I'm a MA guy. If you have time on the 3rd Sat of each month check out the New England Aquatic plant society if you haven't already. There's always some plants being traded during the meetings. Unfortunately the meetings are now in Manchester, CT - I've had to miss the last few meetings due to scheduling conflicts.

#15 ·
West Hartford Puppy Center has a great selection of fish. Aquatic Wildlife in Manchester/South Windsor has some good fish/plants. If you want to take a little ride, Uncle Ned's Fish Farm in Milton MA is awesome.

I've found the best place to get plants is through friends, and these forums.

I have crypts that need to be thinned out. I also have some baby swords on the way...

#16 ·
West Hartford Puppy Center has a great selection of fish. Aquatic Wildlife in Manchester/South Windsor has some good fish/plants. If you want to take a little ride, Uncle Ned's Fish Farm in Milton MA is awesome.

I've found the best place to get plants is through friends, and these forums.

I have crypts that need to be thinned out. I also have some baby swords on the way...
Hey thanks Vancat

Don't even have a tank yet:icon_cry: Gave my last one (Africans) away 3 years ago before I moved to my new house. Didn't want to deal with moving it with all the other stuff I had to do back then. The last plant tank I had was probably back in the early 90's. I had pretty good success and didn't really know all that much about it........just put 2 strip lights on and the plants grew like crazy. I've been checking on Craigslist daily for a aquarium deal. I really wanted to try the Walstad low tech planted tank. The plant prices on this forum seem pretty hard to beat.

#17 ·
yep, this is the way to go. And also, CL has some good deals on tanks. Although there are a bunch of 55s, and that's not the greatest size for a planted. 4 ft lighting will cost more, too. What gallonage are you thinking?
I got my Catalina T5 fixture from one of the forums, and also my CO2 stuff, at awesome prices. So keep your eye peeled, both here and APC (Aquatic Plant Central). Some good stuff comes up, you have to be there to snatch it first.

#23 ·
I went to school in North Providence. Only decent place I've seen is Aqualife on Wikenden St. A bit pricey though. The only other aquarium stores I know about are Petco and the RI Aquarium & Pet Center. You can find chocolate gouramis in the RI Aquarium and Pet Center (maybe not anymore). Aqualife has scarlet badis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.