The Planted Tank Forum banner

Anyone from Rhode Island?

12K views 65 replies 28 participants last post by  lilnaugrim 
#1 ·
Title says it all! Just wondering if there are any others in here from R.I.?

Steve X.

#28 ·
Do you know if they had any female Scarlet badis?

Also, went to Critter Hut in North Kingstown this afternoon. Pretty good selection of fish and the staff is super helpful. Met a dude who worked there that frequents TPT, which was nice. Said he'd post on here when they get some harder to find fish.

#31 ·
I think what your thinking of is the Ancistrus temminckii. They're a very interesting loricariidae that only grows to about 4"-5" and are critically endangered in the wild. The ones at critter hut are bred by a local breeder and are black with small white/yellow spots.

#33 ·
Ahh, ok. I got one in the bag w/ my Oto. The fish is pretty cool and really interesting to watch. He and the Oto are always around each other, almost like they're following one another.

On a side note, I went up to Aqua life yesterday. They've got a lot of stuff! Said they'd be getting in Scarlet Badis again, at some point. Bought a pair of small, 1.25", GBR but I'm pretty sure I got 2 females. Also, you can get live blackworms and bloodworms up there as well.

#46 ·
I would have to strongly disagree with you on that one.
I will agree that good LFS are few and far between, but you clearly have not checked out the local fish clubs. http://www.tfsri.net/ The website is lacking, but check out one of the monthly meetings. Always an auction at the end of every meeting. The annual auctions and the regional convention auction are insane. You can get killer deals on some rare stuff. You will also find a wealth of knowledge, and once you go to a meeting or two, you will figure out who you can talk to to find specific things.

#47 · (Edited)
Hi beer

I just registered for the forums but am waiting for approval I guess. If the meetings are as good as you say they are maybe ill pay for a membership. I have given up on the lfs around here. I called every fish store within 100 miles looking for Crystal shrimp and half didn't know what I was talking about the other half didn't have them or stock them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.