The Planted Tank Forum banner

fertilizer options

986 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jim_PA 
#1 ·
Currently I does dry fertilizer.

I have the following questions

The amount of dry fertilizer I put in, should it include the total amount of water or just the main tank? Example should I count my 125 gallon tank, plus my 55 gallon sump? So do I tread for 125 or 180?

Also, would it be cheaper to mix the dry ferts with water before I put in take would it last longer?

Just trying to make sure spending the least I have to.

#2 ·
To reach a specific concentration of fertilizers, you will need to consider the total water volume (180 gal).

Since the fertilizer dissolves in the tank water, it makes no difference if you dissolve it first in water or not. It will last exactly the same time. Unless I misunderstand your question.

#3 ·
To reach a specific concentration of fertilizers, you will need to consider the total water volume (180 gal).

Since the fertilizer dissolves in the tank water, it makes no difference if you dissolve it first in water or not. It will last exactly the same time. Unless I misunderstand your question.

Thanks for the info, I have been going with total, so that good news :)

I guess the question about mixing in water is should I mix certain amount of water with certain amount of dry fertilizer to get liquid? Then dose liquid? I guess will dry last as long as liquid say if I mix dry with 1000 ml of water, then figure out how much to dose the tank?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.