The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fat Guys 29

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Fat Guy 
#1 ·
Last Week

This Week
(Notice how the hygrophilia on the left has realy started to take shape and color from the before picture)
I moved the sword to a different tank.
I've got aponogeton (which I guess is going to get pretty big) water srite (also going to get big), java fern, riccia, val, hygrophilia, a sprig of ludwiga, pennywort, crypt, baby tiger lotus, and the plant in front of the val in the background in the middle, I can't remember it's name.

Just bought some Riccia

and some

What do you guys think?

Everyone's advice has helped me incredibly. Thank you.

FG

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Hubba!!! :D

I've really been investing a lot of time and thought into this tank this past week. The amazing power of CO2 and light. I was making everything too complicated trying to figure out my water before. But after getting a KH test kit and ridding it of the phosphates, I think I've got a better grip on this tank. I just have to try to keep my angelfish away from eating the riccia. I'm trying to propogate some on the top and she thinks it's tasty. :flick:

#7 ·
I've given it flourish root tabs and a phosphate tab for good measure.

Starting to see the growth every day. I turned the (is it a tubular?) nutrient ball that it has so that the leaves coming out of it come straighter out of it. They were coming out from kind of underneath it. I think I planted it wrong before.

But, I've got kind of a low light 38 with the scrubby sword, val, and two giant water sprites. I'll think I'll move it to there once it get's bigger.

My 38 is my severum tank, and I don't mind these fish tugging at these plants

#8 ·
Do you have those rocks sitting right on the riccia? It will turn to brown mush under the rocks. Split is up onto the rocks and hair net it on. I feel you pain with the angels eating the stuff.. mine do the same thing. It seems once it gets bushy they leave it alone though. The have picked two rocks clean (not much riccia on the rocks)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.