The Planted Tank Forum banner

Momotaro's 75G Aquarium Journal (56K Warning)

222K views 944 replies 185 participants last post by  thrak76 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are some photos of my new 75G Oceanic aquarium. I started it on 4/1/03. Just some basic shots of the aquarium itself and inside the cabinet. Inside the cabinet you will find a Hydrologix CO2 reactor, an Eheim 2126 Thermofilter (180W), and my swapped out CO2 tank. I am using the Milwaukee MA957 regulator set up. Since the photos I have finished the plumbing into the aquarium, and washed six bags of Flourite and added them also (will post photos soon). My next step will be to run all the power cords neatly, place the filter thermostat, connect the CO2, and place the CO2 controller once it comes. Tonight I plan to wash the rocks I collected today, and just chill out and enjoy what I have already done! After all, it's a hobby, not a job. Got the rest of my life to work on this!

Attachments

See less See more
#353 ·
I am very new to the aquatic gardening and need all the help I can get.... which is why I registered to this forum.
I ran across this topic because someone posted a link to it from another topic. I have a 75 gallon, so I figured I would get some pointers from this topic. Your tank is beautiful Momotaro, it is amazing to see it from start to finish.
What is that stuff that looks like green carpet? (I told you I was new...don't laugh) :)

Steph

#356 ·
Hey Mike just checked out the stats page, Both of our tanks are in the top 4 topics listed, in fact yours is number one. Man that is a lot of postings.

Hail Mike top of the postings for his topic.

Paul

#359 ·
Uh...it looked EXTREMALY dense....

#362 ·
Same aquascape Raul! :wink: I have just run out of room for housing plant clippings! I am holding onto plants until our next club meeting and for our Spring auction. I might need another aquarium?!?! :shock:

Buck,
I don't see my fish very often either..only at feeding time!! :D

Mike

#366 ·
Hey...you are the GAP man Jay! :wink:

Actually, most of the Myrio will be gone tomorrow. George is going to bring some plants to the meeting this Thursday for me. The rest is for the Spring Auction!

We'll get the rest of the club in planted tanks come heck or high water!

Mike

#371 ·
Believe me, it is nothing to be impressed with.

Just take it slow, buy the best equipment you can, and give the aquarium the attention it deserves.

I am sure in a couple of months I will be staring at my computer screen, slack jawed, in awe of your aquascape! 8)

Mike

#374 ·
Hmmmmm... I must be a fan of the large leaf plants
I think the left half of the tank is too dainty for my tastes Mike... I love the right side, but now the tank seems to be divided into 2 and seems to have lost the flow I guess ya call it. I cant put my finger on it though. I gotta look at the older photos to see what I am missing.
The riccia musta got a good haircut because I can see the weights again... How fun was that to do ? LOL

After that pileup of plants you had goin not too long ago I was expecting to see a whole new look but instead you just did one hell of a clippin it seems, you are to be commended for stickin with a plan bro :wink:

My tank changes like the weather :lol:

#376 ·
It's got that Forest to Grassy meadow feel to it. I personlly love it. Only advice I can give is: Keep doin what you're doin cause it's workin! That was one hell of a trimming. Would have loved to see all the bags of plants, that would have been a sight to behold :lol: .

Bert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.