The Planted Tank Forum banner

reticulated hillatream loach with shrimp

3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  CPDzeke 
#1 ·
What do you guys think?

Safe or not safe?

Currently driving from Cali to Utah and picked up 3.

I know these guys have very tiny mouths, but will they be cool chilling with my shrimp, mainly the babies?

Just thought on asking. \m/ ^__^

Mike

#2 ·
That's a drive!
Sorry mike I can't help you on his.

But that are a cool fish! I remember a while back I wanted some but never found any.

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

#5 ·
Also picked up some Tigers for 2.99 each. It looks like I have two with the Orange Eyes o_O?
Not too sure how the color of the bodies should look, since I've only been keeping crystals and neos), but they got a tinge of blue in them?

Gotta look at them once I get them in the tank. To be 100% positive

Mike

#12 ·
im about to give it a shot myself i have a spotted and a retic in my 55 and was thinking about tossing one into a 5 gal with some rili shrimp. since they seem to be algae eaters i dont think they will harm the shirmp but might do a number on the biofilm. so might have to feed the shrimp more often.

#16 ·
I've always wanted a butterfly loach.

Then again, I really want a mudskipper, pictus catfish, clown killies, bosemani rainbows, and maybe eventually a red-tail cat. There are too many cool fish, and not enough tanks! I guess I'll be fine with just my honeycombs, for now. :)

#19 ·
i've got 4 in my tank, it's a really close thing on who'll back down first when they want a bit of food, either my shrimp are related to chuck norris, or their just brave, but they'll steal food from the loaches, the bristlenoses, platty, harliquins, endlers, anyone whos trying it on basically.
the fry are spotted out and about once they are about 4-5mm long and seem safe by then

danios are a no no tho, they just bug the adults, and eat fry

#20 ·
correct me if i am wrong, i have been once before, but i believe that hillstreams appreciate cooler faster moving water than most shrimp will tolerate.

Has anyone kept hillstreams in warmer tanks?

I have keep them in the past, but couldnt provide an enviroment that they saw fit and they all ended up as fertilizer in my garden:icon_neut sadly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.