The Planted Tank Forum banner

A 1500 gallons Koi Pond <3

10K views 54 replies 24 participants last post by  Saxtonhill 
#1 ·
Hey Ppl!!

It happens that we have at our house a pond that was already made by the previous owner, but ever-since wasn't in use for 2-3 years. Now being the avid aquarist that i am, i just couldn't leave it unattended, so for the last 4-5 days i've been cleaning, and re-vamping the whole thing to make it livable again.
After 3 ful garbage bags of cr*p, finally got that thing clean, and figured out on first try how the filtration system works.We got here a input/output box of the Laguna 5000 Filtration system, with the biggest pump the hard-ware store had to offer which i bought a few days ago. Hooked it up, water began running and i fixed up the waterfall to make it more aesthetically pleasing.:flick:
There's already some aquatic plants in there, and 11 goldfish/5 beautiful kois (2 grey with big scales/2 golden with big scales/1 big red)

Here is a few pictures of my new babeeyyyyy :)

:fish1:

See less See more
#35 ·
I like your little ochiba ( second to the last picture.)
sweet babies, but be careful as they grow, 1500g is not much room for adult koi so keep an eye on your water quality.

#36 ·
Those are some cool shots and nice looking koi you have there. I would wait until they get some size on them and then pick out your favorites and sell the rest as that is a lot of koi for that size pond. And if you want I will take that Gin Rin Shiro Utsuri (black and white one) off your hands.

What makes you think that is a ochiba? To me it looks like a Gin Rin Goshiki but sometimes it's hard to tell until they become full grown. I used to have what I thought was a Hajiro(black koi with white fins) and it completely changed over the course of 3 years and now I believe it may be a Gin Rin Matsukawabake as it constantly changed the patterns throughout the seasons. There is so many different types now that it's hard to tell them apart, but Izabella does have some nice looking koi that I think will end up looking nice when they get older.

#40 ·
#48 ·
no dont mind derailing :)
i love your kois.. omg what beauties !!
i am about 1 month away from transfering the fish into their winter home. i wasnt able to reach the 4feet deep required to spend the winter outside.
it is a filtered 600gal pool.

#49 ·
Heres my yearly update ! The Koi are doing great ! Back into the pond which was freshly cleaned up! Finally they spent the winter in my outdoor pool. n all went well.
Heres a video in HDDDD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLSL_qGA5nA"

#52 ·
Thank you !

Hello ladies n gentlemen!

Im back to montreal and here's a video update of the pond. Water lilies had begun growing up a bit n the fish are doing great :)

thanks for watching !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIh3aDjDhY4]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.