The Planted Tank Forum banner

Pond project - Jungle vines

19K views 84 replies 12 participants last post by  newday3000 
#1 · (Edited)
I had 2 ponds at my old house.

See threads 600G and my 3000G I filled both ponds in before I moved and sold everything.

I wanted to start a new pond project at my new house but space is limited due to pool and landscaped backyard. The new house had a rock waterless waterfall with shallow liner. I plan trying to use this as part of the project. it's a 105 G pre-formed liner

Here is what the area looks like at the back of the yard. Pond will be in the back corner.

This is the 210G preform I will sink into a hole in the ground. I will likely have it raised a bit and frame it with stone.

To the right is the v shaped slate stacked water fall that I will connect and recycle water between the pond and the water fall. I plan on feeding the back of the water fall. This whole area is covered in vines that grow everywhere and flower.

This is the current water fall that dumps into a rock area with liner underneath. Very shallow and can old about 6 inches of water if needed.

I will put fish (shabukins), water lily maybe 2, Water iris and rushes into the main pond.

Stay tuned for updates.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.