The Planted Tank Forum banner

Iwagumi/mountain scape/rockscapes with stems or color? Examples wanted

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  talontsiawd 
#1 ·
I am currently doing a rockscape heavily influanced by Iwagumi style. I want to add some color to it. Right now it is only HC that is still growing in.

I guess I am just looking for some examples of this. I can find plenty where stems are used as a background but I don't want to do that. I actually have done that and found I didn't enjoy it as much, even with all the extra species of plants. Just something simple.

Please post examples of either your own tank, or others that are Iwagumi or similar, with stems, preferably red. Thanks.

#3 ·
I have some Rotala Magenta (Rotala Macrandra Narrow Leaf) which seems like it may be a good choice. I do have what I believe to be Colorita as well, not sure.

I just can't find a lot of good examples of a pretty traditional Iwagami style tank with some tasteful stems. I have seen plenty over the years, just can't find it through searching. Before I put it in, I would like to see some inspiration pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.