The Planted Tank Forum banner

New Jungle Val

951 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Surferrosa 
#1 ·
I just received some val and planted in my tank a few days ago. They were good size with some brown on the tops. I trimmed that off and planted them.

Some of the tips aren't looking so good still, which i would guess is normal while they establish. I was wondering though, should i keep trimming them down when i notice some decay, even if its quite a bit? Or should i leave them alone for awhile so they can establish?

I was also dosing the normal, or less, amount of excel in my tank every other day. I figure its a good idea to stop until they establish as well. From what i read, many have said they will adapt to it however. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Surferrosa

#3 ·
Thanks, i know a good trimming will help them out eventually. I hope mine grow a lot and i finally get a good background covering.

More so i am wondering if i should just let them get established in the tank without touching them, or if i should keep trimming down any part that is wilting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.