The Planted Tank Forum banner

Glofish looking for a new home

982 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  orador223 
#1 ·
Hello - I am new to this forum and I'm posting because I am looking for a good home for a beautiful healthy Glofish. She (I believe it's a female) is yellow/green, just a few months old and very strong. She was born in my tank "by mistake". I was hosting three glofish temporarily for just a few days, and after returning them I cleaned out my gravel and rearranged decorations. A week or so later I discovered two tiny tiny fry fish swimming... I couldn't believe it. One of them was a little bigger, the other one almost invisible and didn't make it. The bigger one was a true survivor, I couldn't believe how she beat the odds. I have a school of Neon Tetras, two aquatic frogs and a bristlenose Pleco - at the time I also had a Betta. I didn't want them to eat her, so I bought a little net for the baby glofish to grow in, fed her fry food, and she became a strong healthy fish. She started schooling with the Neons and for a while all was well. But these days it seems to be that she is bossing the Neons around, and gets to the food so much faster than them, so they are suffering. Also, I'm sure she would prefer to school with other Danio fish. I really care about her and I remember when she was a tiny little fluorescent dot in my tank. I don't want to give her to a pet store, I am trying to find a real home for her. If someone is interested, please let me know. I am in the NYC area. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.