The Planted Tank Forum banner

10 gallon tank aquascaping

68K views 159 replies 39 participants last post by  aubtruck2 
#1 ·
Im starting a new 10gal tank, still need more substrate thought, just got eco-complete for now, any idea should I get ada aquasoil or fluval stratum on top of the eco-complete Wood Rectangle Natural material Art Twig
Sky Wood Branch Tree Twig
Branch Wood Twig Trunk Sky

See less See more
#134 ·
I have been trying to use dry ferts for my tank since last week. And it is really different. My plants grow stronger and faster in a week. Here a shot before and after trimming

Before

After

Baby tear and dwarf pennywort are taking over the right side...especially baby tear, it not the background plant anymore. It runs to middle ground and if there no driftwood, they will run to foreground and cover my DHG

And a pic of my red cherry shrimp, why does he look like a red rili shrimp?

#136 ·
How did you get that H. Japan to behave? I have it in my 10 and it doesn't want to be condense, and I run high light and co2 as well.

Epic tank btw, its making me really want to try out Baby Tears lol

#146 ·
Thank you! I should have updated my tank after trim.

Still thinking that I should move plants around or rescape but don't have time yet. The crypt wendii on the left front is getting big but still looks good. Should I take it out and replace with smaller plants? Don't know yet.

And the HM(baby tears) seems like really good carpet in the back if it stays short.

#149 ·
Beautiful tank and wonderful journal. I love your tiger shrimp, I have one too looks just Ike yours. I had a female and she died, so I tried artificially hatching them, it didn't work :(

But beautiful tank. Did you run diy co2 before or while the shrimp were in the tank and what was your recipe and how did you control the bps

#150 ·
I had my diy CO2 running while I got like 20 RCS in there. I let it run 24/7 and didn't control the bps at all. Then when I change to pressured CO2 with a timer, I think that when my RCS started to breed fast.

This used to be my recipe and work really well (almost 2 weeks):
2L bottle: 1/2 teaspoon of yeast + 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda + 2 tablespoons of sugar...then fill up to 2/3 of the bottle with warm water (not hot)

#151 ·
So I have bought more buces recently and want to make this tank a buces plants home.

Had to remove some of stem plants since they grow crazy and took up so much space...especially this baby tears

Now I want to show everyone what I just got, took me almost 2 hours just to tie it on rocks and arrange it in the tank

Let see how well the buces will grow for me.
Will take a full pix of the tank!

#156 ·
I'm pretty much done with the scape of this tank. I really don't want to take it down since this is my first aquascape ever and the shrimps and plants are still doing well. It becomes the house of my red cherry shrimps and some random bucephalandra plants.

Also, my echinodorus parviflorus in this tank is producing babies one after another...in a way I've never experienced before. I created a new thread for the plant which can be found here:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=562818

I changed the lighting bulbs recently (from 2x6500K daylights to 1x6500K daylight + 1xroseate hue)...and really love the look of the pink bulb produce.

This is how the tank looks like right now...not so proud to show...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.